Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Blind Side and Cottage Gardens

Belle Cox


'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.' Abraham Lincoln



We saw Blind Side yesterday. Show of hands, who's seen it? I thought it was an amazing movie. And the theatre was every bit as crowded as it was for New Moon. Part of that may have been due to the Thanksgiving Weekend Crowd. But I wonder if a lot of folks did like I did, caught New Moon when it first came out and Blindside the next weekend. I was told one reviewer slammed it because of the rich white and poor black issue. But so what. It wouldn't have mattered if it had been a rich pink family and a poor purple young man. What it all boiled down to was lending a helping hand and being enriched because of it.


If you haven't seen it, and want a feel good movie, I recommend it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.



Cottage gardens are a wonderful conglomeration of textures, colors and scents. You can find perennials, annuals, herbs, vegetables and wild flowers all growing side by side in this cosy garden.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't been to the flick in ages. I must go over the break

Regina Carlysle said...

I definitely want to see this one. Caught New Moon with my daughter and it was a fun movie but kinda 'tweenie' ha.

Mona Risk said...

Sandra, a belated Happy Thanksgiving.

Shelley Munro said...

I don't think it's started here in NZ yet. I love that quote from Abe. Very true!