Friday, March 23, 2012

Now That's My Kind Of Rifle

As many of you know, I'm a gun control advocate and hardly a hunting enthusiast. If other countries can get by peaceably without the citizens being armed to the teeth, why can't we? Granted, I realize its a good form of self-protection, but I believe it causes more deaths than it saves lives.
And as far as hunting...I understand the need to cull herds when we've destroyed the predators. What I don't understand is the thrill of the kill. How can anyone find joy in taking the life of a beautiful animal that can't possibly harm anyone? That has the same drive to survive that we do. That feels pain, the same as you or I.
But I digress. My brother sent me this link: http://www.gizmag.com/kill-shot-camera-hunting-rifle/21802/. I think its pretty cool. Its a camera, still in the developmental stage, that replicates a rifle.
Here's how it works. You line up your quarry in the cross hairs, pull the trigger and take a picture. Pretty cool, huh? Still the thrill of the hunt with no life lost. The picture is time and date stamped to prove you 'shot' your prey.
Now that's my kind of rifle.

1 comment:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Yeah, well, Bambi put me off hunting forever - not as if I'd ever consider it in the first place.
But that was the author's plan...