Monday, December 16, 2013

Vanilla Brandy, err Vanilla Extract

Greetings everyone, yes it is Monday, but it's getting closer and closer to the holidays where we'll be home even on Mondays.
My Vanilla Extract is bottled and ready to go.  I ordered the bottles and labels on line. Next year I'm going to start in July so those beans can get good and saturated, and my vanilla will smell more like extract and less like brandy:) I'm giving them out with a Christmas spatula and chocolate covered pretzel.

Babies are still in holding pattern, which is just fine with the hh since he is in the middle of giving and grading finals. I kept the ceramic planters from when my babies were born and I'm recycling them for the next generation.  I took the planters to the local florist and had them put plants in them and when our little peas in the pod decide to make their entrance I'll take them to the hospital and give to the DIL.  It's hard to tell from the picture but the one plant is a pink Christmas Cactus.

But enough about me. How was your weekend? Wondrous? Of course, it was.

8 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Cute gifts indeed, they don't seem like they want to come out haha

DEZMOND said...

So excited about the grandkids :)
And that vanilla thingy sounds delightful!

Sandra Cox said...

Pat, they do seem to like staying in the pod, don't they?

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Dez, thanks we're too. Packed and ready to go.
And thanks on the vanilla thingy:)I hope it is.

CJ Kennedy said...

Home-made vanilla extract sounds wonderbars. Will have to file that idea away for next year. I made vanilla sugar for myself one year. Heaven. The baby planters are adorable.

sonia said...

Ooh, vanilla extract! Yum! And I actually wouldn't mind vanilla brandy either... ; }

Sandra Cox said...

CJ, Vanilla sugar, yum.

Sandra Cox said...

Sonia, Uh huh, grin.