Thursday, August 14, 2014

Liebster Award

Blogster bud, Gina Stoneheart, nominated me for the Liebster Award, awhile back and I'm just now getting my hinnie in gear for the requirements. Thanks, Gina, for the nomination.
For those of you who aren't familiar with it:

The Liebster Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The goal of this grand gesture is to help find blogs which are worthy of a bigger following... sort of like finding diamonds scattered amongst tiny grains of sparkling, white, distant sands. You imagine they are there but you have to look hard enough to pick up their beauty and inspiration against the decadence of a jealous sun.

In German, Liebster means kindest, beloved, valued and welcome.
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
List 11 random facts about myself.
Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated me.
Nominate 11 other blogs who have less than 200 followers and let them know they have been nominated.
Post 11 new questions for those bloggers to answer (If they wish to accept the award, it’s completely optional).

My questions and responses:

What is one thing most of us do not know about you?
I'm a cat person. My bad. Everyone knows that.
What are your top 10 favorite movies of all time?
When Harry Met Sally
Hunger Games
Mockingjay
The Sum of All Fears
Miss Congeniality
While You Were Sleeping
Twilight (First Series Only)
Thor
Star Trek
Star Trek Into The Darkness

What is your favorite thing about each season?
Spring: Tulips and daffodils
Summer: Listening to and watching the birds
Fall: colorful leaves
Winter: Christmas
 Do you believe you can love more than one person at different times of your life?
Most definitely
What do you love most about your writing?
When I finish a novel
What are some of your favorite novels?
The Hunger Games Series
Twilight Series
I'm currently reading James Patterson's Detective Mike Bennett's series
As you can see I'm a series girl:) 
Do you like cheese? If so, what is your favorite type?
Sharp white cheddar
If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Unfortunately, there's no going back.
If you had three wishes, what would they be?
The first goes without saying: I'd be on the New York Times Bestseller List. grin.
There would be no more unwanted, unloved and uncared for animals in the world.
All people would be treated with respect and dignity and no one would be hungry. That's kind of a run on or run together wish, but both are equally important.
What was the best vacation you ever had and why?
Taking the kids when they were little to Disney World. You can't beat family vacations.
Do you believe in soul mates? Why or why not?
Most definitely. I also believe you don't always meet them.

Now for my nominees and their questions. As you can see I've, ahem, modified the rules. I've listed five nominees and have six questions.

My nominations are:
CJ@http://ponyexpressgraphics.blogspot.com/. CJ is a calligrapher and dips her fingers into many other forms of creativity. As previously mentioned, my favorite posts of hers are Wordless Wednesday and Friday's Five Good Things.
Blue Grumpster@http://thebluegrumpster.blogspot.com/. Blue always has something fascinating to say in well written verse. Check out his blogger board game....I want it!
Stacy McKitrick@http://stacysrantings.blogspot.com/. Stacy is another Lyrical author, who became a blogster bud before I ever submitted to Lyrical. She always has something of note going on at Stacy's Rants. Her covers alone are worth a visit.
Leandra Wallace@http://leandrajwallace.blogspot.com/ Leandra is an Indiana girl. This is a big plus for me since I lived many years in Lafayette. She's an avid reader and writer who likes old buildings and things that sparkle. She posted an advertising plan for a book release that was fabulous. Need some ideas for your next release. Check it out: http://leandrajwallace.blogspot.com/2014/07/things-i-would-do.html.
Elizabeth Vardan @http://elizabethvaradansfourthwish.blogspot.com.  Elizabeth Vardan writes mysteries and children's books and loves to travel. If you check out her current blog you'll learn all types of fascinating things about Spain and India you probably didn't know.
Here's your questions:

If you were an animal what would you be?
What's your favorite genre?
When reading, do you prefer paper or a hand held device?
What's your favorite vacation spot?
What's your favorite charity?
If given the choice, where would you live?


16 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Some great movie picks, ignoring Twlight lol, and congrats on the award

DEZMOND said...

oh, noes. you didn't just mention TWILIGHT as your fave movie :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thank you for the nomination.

And I have NO PROBLEM with you mentioning Twilight as a fave movie! :)

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats on your award!!! My favorite vacation spot is the beach...anywhere!

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Pat,
I understand, grin.

Sandra Cox said...

Now, Dez, not THE fave, but I admit, blush, blush, I liked the first one.

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Stace, thanks for the show of public support on Twilight:)
Have a great weekend, even if you will be doing chores:)

Sandra Cox said...

You're right, Steph. You can't beat the beach.

Blue Grumpster said...

Pat... did you heard that? Well written verse. What's that? Well written verse.

Thanks, Sandra.

P.S. There's no going back. That's right. It almost makes me blue.

Leandra Wallace said...

Thanks for the lovely shout out, Sandra! And we used to go up to Lafayette for Christmas. Good times! =)

Maria Zannini said...

I heartily endorse your three wishes. :)

Sandra Cox said...

Blue, It certainly is:)

Sandra Cox said...

You're welcome, Leandra.
I haven't been in Lafayette, in a long, long time.

Sandra Cox said...

Thank you, Maria:) Happy Sunday.

Unknown said...

Sandra, I love your answers! Like yourself, I love When Harry Met Sally and all of the Twilight books and movies. I also am a HUGE Star Trek fan.
Most importantly, I too, wish to be on the NY times best selling list.
I also loved your answers to finding a soul mate and being more humane toward animals. You are such a kind person and I am honored to know you as an author and call you a friend!

Sandra Cox said...

Ahh, thank you, Gina.
I trust someday we'll both get our wish:)