Thursday, February 26, 2015

PARTY!

My retirement reception was the best reception ever. 
The man who hired me,  became and remained one of my most steadfast friends, made the trek back to Statesville to celebrate with me. My surprise guest was my son. Since his school had been closed for two days due to weather,  and he has twin responsibilities, and lives three hours away, I didn't really expect him. When I saw the flowers from him and his lovely wife, I was certain he wasn't coming. Then I turned around and there he was, my baby boy.
I wasn't expecting many folks. (Not only was it frigid outside, but there were workshops going on and I'd received several messages from people who weren't going to be able to attend.) It turned out I was wrong there too. The number of friends and co-workers who showed up to wish me well both surprised and humbled me.
My Flowers

A Beautiful Handmade Gift
Tomorrow is D Day....

21 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

It sounds as if you had a great time. Your flowers etc are beautiful.

DEZMOND said...

this is so heartwarming, dear! Wishing you the coziest and loveliest retirement ever :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

How wonderful! Awesome your son made it. Happy retirement and welcome to a new chapter in your life.

CJ Kennedy said...

How wonderful for you! The flowers are beautiful, the pillow is gorgeous and the kitty card made me smile.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Happy Retirement! Now you can spend ALL your time writing, right? :)

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Shel, Yes it was a special day for me.

Pat Hatt said...

Happy Retirement indeed, glad it was such a great time

Sandra Cox said...

Thank you so much, Dez. Appreciate the good wishes.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Wishing you a fun-packed retirement, Sandra :-)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Alex. Much appreciated. Awesome is a good word:)

Sandra Cox said...

Made me smile too. Thanks, CJ.

Sandra Cox said...

Er, yes, that's right, Stacy. grin.

Birgit said...

I envy you and am also very happy for you. It sounds like a scene from "It's a Wonderful Life". The flowers look beautiful and my favourite colour:) The pillow is so pretty and delicate and the card is awesome!

Sandra Cox said...

It was:)Thanks, Pat.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Annalisa:)

The Happy Whisk said...

Onto new adventures ..........

Sandra Cox said...

That's a nice comparison, Birgit. Thank you.

Nas said...

So exciting! New start now, happy retirement!

Sandra Cox said...

Yes it is. Thanks:)

Janie Junebug said...

Isn't that sweet? How nice to be surprised by your son.

Love,
Janie

Sandra Cox said...

It truly was. Thanks, Janie.