Friday, May 1, 2015

Welcome May

Happy Friday to All and Welcome May!
~*~
 “I have a theory I’m trying to prove.”
“Which is?” I narrow my eyes and angle away from him.
“That a girl lurks beneath that getup.” He reaches for my glasses.
I slap his fingers hard enough to make him back up and shake his hand.
“Ouch. Why’d you do that?”
“The sun hurts my eyes.”
“It’s behind a cloud.” He points out the obvious.
“You have every other girl in school, isn’t that enough?” I storm,
panting.
“Apparently not.”
 

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Blue is correct, Dez.
      Thanks, Blue.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, Sandra!
      Have a great Sunday.

      Delete
    3. but then I don't get the sentence? She lurks beneath the outfit?

      Delete
  2. So wish our May looked like that, not so far

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops I think they will fall in love anyway:) Love the picture and my hubby is creating an art piece with all North American birds on it so I thought of that instantly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet his art piece will be beautiful. I love pictures of birds.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra! Have a grrrrrrrrrrrrreat weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy May!
    Have a great Saturday Night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice excerpt! I enjoyed reading it. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all those birds ..singing may songs..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can hear them out my window....well maybe it's not the birds in the pictures but there are some singing:)

    ReplyDelete