Friday, February 9, 2018

The Weekend Starts Now


I'm back! More about vacay adventures Monday. Hope you have been well. I'm anxious to hear what you've been up to while I was gone.

AND....

Minder is on sale for .99 today. 
I love word searches and for grins and giggles made my own. If you'd like it or would like to post it help yourself.


On the eve of her eighteenth birthday, Aurora Valente goes through disturbing changes. She purrs and craves raw meat. Most alarming of all, she’s taken to chasing wildlife. 
Her aunt gives her a beautiful, antique choker and tells her a story about a shape-shifting Minder princess and the beast that hunts the Minder’s descendants. To Aurora it’s only a story...till later that night when her world takes a turn into terror.
 Excerpt:
                 A movement along the edge of the cliff caught my attention. A small rabbit nibbled at a tuft of clover growing between the rocks. I came to attention like a pointer. My nose quivered, my mouth watered. I twitched my butt.
            Without thought, I bolted out of the house after the rabbit. My blood raced. I breathed in short, sharp pants. I could hear the creature’s heart pound and smell his warm vibrant flesh.
            He took three frightened leaps and disappeared into the forest. I skidded to a stop, trembling so hard my teeth rattled. What’s wrong with me? I wanted to take a bite out of a poor, defenseless little bunny.  I pursed my lips and screwed up my face. Gross didn’t begin to cover it.  
            This is way past PMSing.  Tears welled up and spilled down my cheeks.  
            I turn eighteen tomorrow. Surely, there’s no connection.
            A sharp wind blew off the water. My eyes closed. I stood perfectly still, except for shudders that racked my achy body as fear and revulsion washed over me like the loud pounding waves below.

AND....
A big thanks to J.Q.Rose, author of Terror on Sunshine Boulevard for hosting me Wednesday.

33 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Good to see you back with us again, I missed you. This sounds like a good book! Hugs, Valerie

JFM said...

Always miss you when you are gone...welcome back!!!
WOW! This book sounds good!!!

Hugsxxx

CJ Kennedy said...

Can't wait to hear about the vacay. My weekend will be wondrously busy trying to corral the clutter before the painters arrive midweek. Have a good weekend!

Pat Hatt said...

Welcome back to blog land. Found all the words in 3 minutes at my sea haha

RO said...

Yay! You're back and that Word Search is pretty neat! Looking forward to lots of pics and news! Happy Weekend! Hugs...RO

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Jamie Ghione said...

Good to see you back. Hope all went well.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would have been by sooner, but fell asleep much earlier than expected last night. SO glad you are back, and just in time to take a break for the weekend. I definitely look forward to you sharing your time away with us. Have a super weekend yourself, dear Sandra. Looks like lots of us kept the lights on for you!

Out on the prairie said...

Yesterday felt more like Friday to me

da tabbies o trout towne said...

welcome back Sandra; hope your vacation was great and the cats didn't tear up the house too terribly much ~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥ da tabbies say: we aint talkin ~~~~ !!!

Susan Kane said...

Vacation + trip, excellent.

Okay. Twitchy butt, quivering nose--sounds like this is a lycanthorp?

A Cuban In London said...

Welcome back. Hope you had a nice vacation.

Greetings from London.

nashvillecats2 said...

Welcome back you've been missed.
Loved the post. You too have a great weekend.

Yvonne.

DMS said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing about your time away. I am happy for the weekend right now. Off to the library (actually 2 libraries) very soon. :)
~Jess

Sandra Cox said...

I missed you too, Val:)
Thanks for the kind comment on MINDER:)
Have a great weekend.
Hugs back

Sandra Cox said...

Aww, what a lovely thing to say--both the welcome back and the comment on Minder. Thank you.
Hugs back,

Sandra Cox said...

Ooh, you are getting the house painted, exciting. Inside?
Can't wait to see the results.
Have fun corralling:)
Hugs

Sandra Cox said...

You have such eagle eyes, Pat:)

Sandra Cox said...

Thank you so much, Ro. And thanks again for stopping in while you were out trekking while I was gone.
Hope your weekend is filled with 15 minutes of chill weather:) and sparkle.
Hugs back,

Jeanie said...

Welcome back, my friend. I'm looking forward to hearing about your holiday away!

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Alex! It's good to be back:)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks so much, Jamie. It's good to be back.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks for stopping by Elizabeth. If you fell asleep early, you probably needed the sleep.
I deeply appreciate everyone who left the light on for me.
Hugs

Sandra Cox said...

Back to back Fridays, definitely a win:)

Sandra Cox said...

Hi FSG:)
It's good to be back.
The emphasis is placed on not too terribly much. Grin.

Sandra Cox said...

Close, very close, Susan;)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks so much:)

Sandra Cox said...

Thank you so much, Yvonne.
I missed my blogging buddies.

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Jess. Hope your weekend is wondrous. Got book signings at the library?

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks so much, Jeanie. It's great to be back.

Magic Love Crow said...

Missed you Sandra! Happy you are back! Clever you! Making your own word search! The excerpt from your book, is very interesting! Big Hugs!

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Stacy. Missed you too and I'm glad to be back:)

Truedessa said...

Welcome back, I liked the word search puzzle. I like to do these sometimes when traveling.