Tuesday, May 31, 2022

It's Tuesday

 Greetings Blogger Buds,

I am dragging, er,  giving you the chance to visit the garden....again.


 
Lookee, Lookee. I bought this little guy hoping for a fall bloom since it's a rebloomer but thinking it would more than likely be next spring before it bloomed.  We got five inches of rain--Thank the gods of the universe--in three days and a bud popped up. This is supposed to be a blue Iris, I got it not so much because of the color but because it's a rebloomer and came as a plant instead of a root.  I refuse to buy roots.  I have absolutely no luck with them. What about you, do you have luck with roots?


Coleus is one of the few annuals I'm enamored with. They're hardy, grow in shade and have the prettiest leaves. What more could you want?


 I picked up another Sunny Knockout. My other bushes have the most glorious aroma. Have you noticed some years flowers smell better than others? That they don't seem to have a fragrance after it's rained? That some roses on a bush have scent and others on the same bush don't? Why is that?

I swear if anymore of my shoe falls off while I'm mowing, I'll be mowing barefoot.

The day lilies and cone flowers are starting to bloom. I have four seasons: Iris Season, Day lily Season, Mum Season, and Christmas Rose(Hellebore) Season. 

Okay, five seasons. Rose Season.😏



 



 

Bye-Bye, May,  Bye-Bye.

AND






21 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Loving your garden.
It is very wet here at the moment. And I have (literally) hundreds of bulbs that need to be planted. If I can find room.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandra - love the knockout sunny rose - beautiful colour, when I looked. We also had a fair amount of rain - and today as well. The garden is looking good ... enjoy - cheers Hilary

Valerie-Jael said...

Your garden is looking great, glad you got some rain. I always buy ready grown plants for my balcony boxes! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Natalie Aguirre said...

Drag me into your garden any day. I loved seeing your flowers. I'm enjoying mine too.

Staci Troilo said...

Everything looks lovely, Sandra. (But I think you need new shoes. Mowing barefoot is dangerous!) 💕

CJ Kennedy said...

Your garden looks gorgeous. I'll be trying to propagate a stem from the Japanese maple so I can give the sapling to my nephew. My tree came from my parents yard, and I thought he would like to have a remembrance of his grandparents. We bought some rooting hormone. I need to read a little more on how to do this

Jeanie said...

Your garden is doing far better than mine, Sandra. It's looking just terrific!

Birgit said...

I can't get enough of seeing pretty flowers and your garden is so, so pretty. I love the blue coneflowers and always wanted a small ares of these blue flowers red poppy and the white daisy. My mom said they were blooming in the fields where she grew up. Happy Birthday to Shane. I promise I won't yell.." Shane...Come back! "

Adam said...

Beautiful garden

Sandra Cox said...

I'd be curious to know how many bulbs you've planted over the course of that garden. I bet it's in the thousands;)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Hils. Glad you got rain:)
Cheers,

Sandra Cox said...

Glad you got rain and your balcony boxes always look lovely.
Hugs,

Sandra Cox said...

Aww. Thanks:) We'd love pictures.....

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Staci:) Heh. Yes, I'm going to have to break down and buy new ones;)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea. Let me know how that goes. My ventures into propagating have been hit and miss.

Sandra Cox said...

Sandra

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Jeanie:) I bet yours is great.

Sandra Cox said...

Those flowers sound like a beautiful combination.
Hehe. Shane, come back:)

D.L. Finn said...

Yay for five inches of rain! The garden looks happy.
Happy birthday, Shane.

D.L. Finn said...

Sandra Cox said...

I'm already watering again. Sigh. But it was definitely a blessing.