How are you?
You know the old phrase, when it rains it pours. In this instance it was literally true. Our gauge showed eight inches over night then later in the week another two.
And as a result, this:
Luckily our contractor friend came out this morning with a couple of his guys. They found the leak and took care of it. What a blessing.
AND
A couple of critters.
AND
* As always, if you are not on the birthday blog roll and would like to be, please let me know. Conversely, if you are on the birthday blog roll and would prefer not to be, let me know that too.










21 comments:
Happy Birthday CJ! Oh yes, it rained a tone here last week. The buckets of rain was not good for the roof of the office building. Down the hall it leaked so bad that there was a mini lake and the one guy in another office was trying to clean it up so his customers wouldn’t have to get their feet wet. Now there is a large bulge I. The ceiling tile which will soon collapse and there is water in the overhead lights. Your plants are looking great and, right now, I’m on vacation near Montreal so willl be sending something your way, when I return:)
Glad you got rain so did we
All that rain! Glad you were able to get repairs done quickly. My area is for some downpours, but not as much rain as you got. Stay dry and thanks for the birthday wishes.
Happy Birthday CJ. Love your photos.
Wow, Birgit. Sounds like the office building is going to need some extensive water damage work. Enjoy your vacay. I'm looking forward to my Canadian mail. Wink. Wink.
Yay for rain for all of us.
It’s all or nothing these days with rain.
Thanks, CJ. Hope your birthday is as special as you are.
Thank you, Linda. Heading your way:)
Innit the truth, David. I guess I prefer all to nothing, where the rain is concerned:) Though if I had my druthers, a nice steady rain every week or so would be lovely:)
PS. And it's raining again:)
That's so much water lying around.
Happy b-day! Your rain! How I envy you!
The rain arrived here today. It is expected to rain until some time Thursday. A couple of songbirds made a nest in my hanging plant and the babies have hatched. At least they have shelter as there is an overhead by the door.
In my first house, I had a roof leak that went behind the wall and created a gigantic bubble, ruining all kinds of paint and whatnot. Those were not happier times.
Andrew, More water pooling up than we are used to for sure.
I feel your pain, Susan. You know even with all that rain we are still in the middle of a drought and under drought restrictions, which I find rather stunning.
Wow -- that's a tremendous amount of rain. When you get that much at once it is sometimes a bad thing -- the ground can't absorb it all. Love your little bunny!
That is so cool, that you have baby birds in your hanging plant.
Ouch. That sounds ghastly, Adam. I'll stop complaining about my little spot on the ceiling:)
Jeanie, Too much rain can be a problem, for sure. Luckily, this has been so sporadic. Rain. Pause. Rain. Pause. Which helped. That bunny is a cutie, isn't he?:).
Post a Comment