How are you? How's your weather? Done anything fun and exciting?
We got some rain last night. Woot. Woot. The crepe myrtle loved it, as did the rest of the trees and plants:)
AND
I made mulled apples.
They are super easy to fix.
Recipe: Mix a tsp of cinnamon, 1/8 cup of sugar, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp of lemon juice, and a dollop of red sweet wine (optional). Stir it in a crockpot on low heat. Add 3 or 4 cored apples and a handful of pecans, stir until the apples are coated and let simmer for about 45 minutes. Done and done.
AND
My daughter and son-in-law got me an indoor garden:)
AND
I've shown this before, but for anyone who does laundry and doesn't have to cart it up and down stairs, this is such a time and back saver. We use laundry carts instead of hampers. We keep one in each closet, throw our dirty clothes in them, and on laundry day wheel them to the laundry room to wash and dry then fold or hang the clothes on the rod and wheel them back. It makes life so much easier.






30 comments:
I'm glad the rain finally left my area and made its way to you. Your crepe myrtle is gorgeous.
Your mulled apples sound and look yummy. I love anything made in a crock pot. Keeps the steam and heat contained.
That indoor garden would be nice to start seeds in winter before it's warm enough to transfer them outside.
Your laundry solution is genius. Thankfully, I have all my laundry on one level and I have to only do laundry about once every two weeks unless I have company and need to change the sheets in the guest bedroom. Have a great Ketch up Day, dear Sandra.
There was a time when rain fell gently and soaked into the earth, when it was fun to grab an umbrella and go for a walk. As the climate crisis wreaks ever greater havoc rain is now the result of atmospheric rivers and other changes in cloud formation.. It comes sporadically in the form of unbelievable volumes of water in a very short period. More soil is washed away than nourished. We now have this terrifying juxtaposition of major wildfires across parts on the continent and catastrophic flooding in others.
We've had heavy downpours the past few nights.
Might give mulled apples a try. I tend to prefer apples raw though.
The mulled apples sounds great.
Friesians are huge cows and very friendly.
Is that Florida creature a lizard or alligator?
Your mulled apples sound good.
The apple recipe sounds yummy. Your tree looks so pretty..does it have a nice odor? Good for you for having an indoor garden and tht laundry idea is good one. I want to send you the card I made that was inspired by your garden…can you email me your address?
I love your myrtle tree. My daughter got me one for Christmas that will hopefully survive Michigan winters.
The weather here has been absolutely weird!
Hi Sandra - mulled apples for the Autumn .. now the summer fruits - that's me. Mind you it's so hot here ... though I'm fortunate being by the sea and coast: it's cooler: thankfully. No rain ... which is desperately needed. I'm into cold soups etc. Poor animals ... but I love your indoor garden - what are you growing??? Cheers Hilary
The apple recipe sounds delicious. Not today with the start of another heatwave. Stay cool
that mini garden is awesome ....what did you plant ???
N frankie N crew...stay chillax guyz coz iz blazin hot out ther huh ~~~~~ phew ~~~~ ☺☺♥♥
The apples look delicious I may have to try them. The heat is back today going to hit 100 with heat index. The indoor garden is a great gift.
Dear Sandra, I love all the photos you are sharing! The mulled apples look very tasty. I have always loved cows! They are beautiful, gentle creatures. Living in a big city like Montreal all my life, I rarely get the opportunity to see them. The photo with the cow really brings joy to my heart, as does your post!
Thanks, for sending your rain our way:) We were thrilled.
I'm all for easy and it doesn't come much easier than crock pots, does it?:)
Definitely a great idea about starting seeds in the winter in the indoor garden for spring planting.
Woot on having to do laundry only every couple of weeks.
Have a wondrous one, dear Elizabeth.
It's terrifying, isn't it, David?
Feel free to send those heavy downpours our way, Alex. Though, I'm extremely grateful for the rain we've received.
Re: Apples. I only heat them long enough to get them covered in the seasonings so that they retain their crispness. So you might be okay with these.
Hi Andrew, It's a baby alligator. I don't think I'd want to find it on my patio. Heh.
They are huge cows aren't they? This guy is named Otis:)
Let me know if you try the mulled apples:)
Have a fun one.
Thanks, Christine;)
Hi Birgit, The apples are pretty tasty:) The crepe myrtle doesn't have any scent, but the butterfly bushes make up for it. I'm touched that the garden inspired a card and that I'll get one. Thank you.
I've got a tree that is out of zone too, Natalie. My plan is to mulch good and maybe add a tree cover when the weather is cold.
Weird is definitely the right word for the weather these days, Jamie.
The weather is monstrous, isn't it, Hils? Too much heat and not enough rain for many of us while others are getting too much rain. Crazy weather times.
Cold soup sounds like a winner for summer.
I'm growing: red romaine lettuce, zinnies, basil, and more zinnies:) Thanks for asking.
I'm ready for fall. You stay cool too, CJ:)
Cheers,
Hi FSG, I planted: red romaine, zinnies, basil, and zinnies:)
Frankie and Crew agree. It is blazing hot out there.
Ack on the heat. It's horrific. I'm ready for fall.
The kids did a great job on that indoor garden for sure. Heading your way:)
How kind of you to say. Thank you, Linda;)
What a beautiful murtle and everything is so green! The apples sound yummy! Xo
That cart is great! And I'm so glad you finally got the rain. I know it as desperately needed. We're getting heat and smoke now, too. It will pass.
Thankee kindly, Denisee;) xo
Jeanie, The cart makes laundry day so much easier;) AND the rain was definitely a gift. Of course, the heat just saps it right out of the ground. I'm sorry you are getting the heat and smoke. Probably wouldn't hurt to hole up inside for awhile.
Post a Comment