Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Ketch-Up Day


 

How are you? How's your weather? And speaking of:

On the phone weather app, why does the day's forecast never equal the hourly breakdown?

i.e. Yesterday's daily forecast showed 65% chance of rain.  The hourly showed: 40% at 8PM, 30% at 10PM and 15 % at midnight.

Does anyone else ever wonder about that?

Here's AI's response:

“The daily forecast is basically a ‘chance of any rain happening at all,’ while the hourly forecast is the ‘chance of rain right now.’ They’re calculated differently, which is why the numbers never quite line up — and why midnight sneaks in under today even though it’s technically tomorrow.” 

AND

Some odds and ends

 

We're getting growth in the indoor garden.  It's fun to watch the seeds sprout. 


 

Dangles in the garden:)

 

 

The crepe myrtle;)
 

 


 For some reason, the HH found this flag appropriate for our household. Heh.

That's it from here, Blogger Buds.  Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what's going on in your neck of the woods. 


 

12 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Lovely photos. I can't answer you about the phone weather app because I am very new to having a cellphone. Just two years and I am still learning.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandra - I just look out of the window to see the weather ... old-age me!! Love the 'Cluckin' Crazy flag ... fun!! Gorgeous garden too ... cheers Hilary

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It seems that the weather can change on a dime so it’s perhaps remarkable they get it right at all!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

AI is now smarter than the weatherman. No surprise there!

Jamie Ghione said...

The weather in my area has been weird. Yesterday, it looked foggy but was hot, and today is expected to be really hot!

Natalie Aguirre said...

I love your myrtle tree. My daughter got me one for Christmas. I hope it looks as beautiful as yours one day.

CJ Kennedy said...

We're having nice weather perfect for the Young One's visit and celebrating her birthday. I love the blue gazing ball and the garden flag made me laugh. I love your HH's sense of humor

Birgit said...

Our wether is much better now with blue skies! I never know whether it will rain or not unless it says 100%, I don’t quite believe the weathermen. Your place looks so nice and I love that chicken welcome sign.

Christine said...

Happy to have rain here today and the air quality went back to normal in Toronto-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Truedessa said...

ha - Last night the weather prediction was for severe thunderstorms this afternoon. I woke this morning to a severe thunderstorm and now they say they will remain off and on all day. Weather predictions are difficult to make as the slightest change in the jet stream alters the prediction. A rainy day is a good day for me to read a book and get lost in another realm. I am currently reading a novel "How to Write a Love Story" by Catherine Walsh. I am enjoying its witty humor.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

that flag is just the best….and I totally agree, the weather app very seldom , if ever, agrees with the weather app from the local TV station….I guess it’s whatever my choice is for the day ‼️‼️💚🐾

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Linda. It's tough keeping up with technology, isn't it?