Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Writerly Wednesday AND Did You Know

 What's your synonym, definition or sentence for:

 


 Example: The boy was very ickle for his age.

ICKLE definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary 

AND

Did you know, before he became an actor, Patrick Swayze was a trained ballet dancer.

For more info: Before He Was an Actor, Patrick Swayze Was a Ballet Dancer | Vintage News Daily 


AND 

 

 

 

22 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I didn't know that about Patrick Swayze. Thank you for sharing.

Janie Junebug said...

I'd never heard of ickle before. I would replace it with wittle or itty-bitty or wee one. I'm excited when I see did you know because I always wonder: Will I know? This week, yes I knew that about Patrick Swayze.

Love,
Janie

Andrew said...

Small, I suppose. I've not heard of the word ickle, and neither has spell check.

I did not know that about Swayze. He was a pretty hot guy when he was young.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I have heard the name Patrick Swayze but beyond that I know nothing about him, ballet dancer or otherwise. What I do know is that it is entirely amazing that the current cabinet in Washington could comprise the greatest collection of ickle brains in all of recorded history, starting at the top. Babbling, fudging, frothing, misrepresenting, not knowing, misusing words, abusing the language, defying logic with a general first grade level of comprehension, are standard. They are happy in their ickleness! No doubt their brains will be left to science for analysis. It won’t take long because there’s not much to analyze!

Birgit said...

Oh yes! I know Patrick Swayze was a trained ballet dancer plus more. You can watch some videos where he dances with his beautiful wife. It is magical and you can tell how much they loved each other.
Trump’s bombastic brain belies the fact that of his true ickle mind.

Christine said...

Fun word today

Lowcarb team member said...

I didn't know that about Patrick Swayze.

All the best Jan

J.P. Alexander said...

Te mando un beso.

Sandra Cox said...

My pleasure, Linda:) Have a grand one:)

Sandra Cox said...

Good job, Janie! You are the woman in the know today:)

Adam said...

It would explain his connection to Dirty Dancing

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Andrew, Yup, ya can't always count on spellcheck. I was always impressed with Patrick Swayze. I hate that he died so young.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandra - I did know about Patrick Swayze and his ballet training ... talented man. Ickle - we have an Icklesham village further east from here ... in a beautiful setting ... its historic roots go back to 772 (apparently!!). Happy Birthday time to Natalie - cheers Hilary

Jeanie said...

New word to me but I did actually know about Patrick Swayze!

Sandra Cox said...

David, Hope you're okay and not in the middle of wildfires.

Sandra Cox said...

Good job on knowing both, Birgit. Though I had no doubts you'd know about Patrick Swayze.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Christine;) Glad you liked it.

Sandra Cox said...

He learned from his mother, who taught dance:)

Sandra Cox said...

Sending you hugs, JP:)

Sandra Cox said...

My thoughts exactly, Adam.

Sandra Cox said...

Good job, Hils! And roots going back to 772...that's seriously historical! Cheers,

Sandra Cox said...

Good job on knowing about Patrick Swayze, Jeanie:)