Friday, May 29, 2020

Friday's Great Read

I’m so pleased to have the opportunity to help get the word out on D.L. Finn’s new release THIS LAST CHANCE and share some ‘behind the scenes’ information regarding her new book that I enjoyed and think you will too.


Thank you for having me here today, Sandra, and sharing the new release of This Last Chance ๐Ÿ˜Š

Behind This Last Chance

Bears make an appearance more than once in This Last Chance, which is why one is on the cover. The picture used was when a young bear came out of a storm to snack on some dog food in the garage while taking part in my impromptu photo session.

I live in a forest surrounded by wildlife, which includes bears. I’m not afraid of bears; I feel a connection to them. Yet the word ‘pest’ has been used more than once by my husband when he cleans up the mess bears leave behind on garbage pickup day. Then there was the time one tore the door off our chicken coop, but no chickens were harmed.

A bear experience that stands out was when I returned home from taking the kids to the bus stop early one morning. A huge bear was standing motionless in the middle of the street by our driveway. Intrigued, I stopped my car and watched her, watching me. I guess she decided I was okay when she allowed her two hidden cubs to race from one side of the street to the other. Mama bear threw one more look at me and galloped after her babies.

So, when I needed an animal to let Amber know she was not alone, a bear was the first thing that came to mind. Her spirit animal and perhaps mine, too.

Blurb:

Six months after Amber’s sister is brutally murdered, she’s still looking for answers, and now someone is stalking her and no one believes her. Home alone with a powerful snowstorm approaching, Amber is determined to take control of the investigation by hiring a private detective, but her plans are disrupted when she finds herself snowed in with people she may not be able to trust. Meanwhile, Nester the evildwel, whose entire existence has been feeding on fear and pain, is seeking help from the angel who’s protecting Amber. Nester and Amber need answers. Can Amber figure out what’s going on with some subtle help from an angel? Will Nester find what he needs from his enemies? The worlds of good and evil clash, and the outcome will determine not only Amber’s and Nester’s fate but life as they know it.

 

FUN FINN FACTS:

1.      Five cats, one dog, and a goldfish live with me, along with my husband of almost thirty-seven years.

2.      My favorite games as a child were Yahtzee, Monopoly, and Crazy Eights.

3.      I love to stargaze and watch meteor showers.

 

 

 

Excerpt from This Last Chance.

Chapter 1

“My name is Nester. I’ve been around a long time, way before humans invented their first stone tool. My kind migrated from a distant planet that couldn’t sustain us anymore, in case you’ve been wondering where we came from. Although I doubt you winged ones—that’s what we call you angels—give evildwel history much thought. Your attention goes to the humans, including this young woman, Amber. You hardly leave her side. It’s an unsettling thought, but I can almost understand your devotion. I feel something from Amber that used to repel me, but now it draws me to her, much like you. Not sure what it is, though.

 

“I’m attempting to communicate with you, like winged ones do, by thoughts. I can’t take the chance of speaking out loud and being overheard by another evildwel. Anyway, it’s my hope you can hear me because my life is literally spinning out of control.”

 

Nester paused and studied the beautiful winged one. Zelina didn’t indicate she wanted him to stop, so he continued to push his thoughts to her.

AMAZON ORDER LINK

Author Bio:

D. L. Finn is an independent California local who encourages everyone to embrace their inner child. She was born and raised in the foggy Bay Area, but in 1990 she relocated with her husband, kids, dogs, and cats to Nevada City, in the Sierra foothills. She immersed herself in reading all types of books but especially loved romance, horror, and fantasy. She always treasured creating her own reality on paper. Finally, surrounded by towering pines, oaks, and cedars, her creativity was nurtured until it bloomed. Her creations include adult fiction, poetry, a unique autobiography, and children’s books. She continues on her adventure with an open invitation to all readers to join her.

D.L. Finn Links:

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Pinterest

D.L. Finn blog

Purchase Links:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble  Smashwords


40 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds great. Good luck to D.L. Finn for the launch of her book! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

More booky temptation. And yes, I am tempted.
Huge congratulations to D.L Finn and thank you. And drat you.

Hot guys said...

Hi Sandra, interesting and cute fun Finn facts! ๐Ÿ™‚

I liked the excerpt, thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Jeanie said...

Sending many good wishes for a successful book launch!

Jan Sikes said...

I love how you recognize your connection to bears, Denise. Without any doubt they are one of your totem animals. It was so cool how the bear played such a big part in Amber's story. I just know everyone is going to love this new book! Best wishes to you, and thank you, Sandra for hosting!

R's Rue said...

Congrats. Will check it out.

Computer Tutor said...

Love seeing Denise's book out and about. RT.

Sandra Cox said...

It's definitely book temptation:)

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you, Valerie:) I'm happy it sounds good to you. Hugs back.

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you ;) I'm happy to hear you are tempted. Yay!

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you:) Glad you liked the excerpt and enjoyed the fun facts!I had fun doing them.

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you, Jeanie, I appreciate that:)

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you, Christine:)

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you, yay:) I hope you enjoy it!

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you, Jacqui it's been fun virtually traveling:)

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you, Jan:) Like the angels, the bears made their way into the story. I have to agree about them being a totem animal. I appreciate your recommendation and dupport. Hugs xo

D.L. Finn said...

ThanK you SO much, Sandra for all your help and support, I'm
beyond grateful:) It's wonderful to be here today xo

Mae Clair said...

I loved reading This Last Chance, Denise, but I have to admit I have a very deep and bizarre fear of bears. I have no idea why since I've never seen one, but reading your experiences with them makes me shudder. I did, however, really like how you had a bear connect with Amber in This Last Chance! :)

D.L. Finn said...

Thanks, Mae. I believe you shouldn't question your instincts about something! Yes, the bears and Amber defintely had a deep connection and from a safe distance. xo

Natalia said...

Sounds interesting! Stay safe and healthy everyone ☺

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you, Natalia:) You stay safe and healthy as well.

Sandra Cox said...

I love Finn facts as I do D.L. and her writing:)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was truly impressed by Finn's work. She writes SO well, too. I'm sure her book will be a huge success, too. I hope to order it, so thanks for sharing and spotlighting it, Sandra.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds good :)

All the best Jan

Sandra said...

It is:)

Sandra said...

That's wonderful, Elizabeth! She not only writes well, she's a good person inside and out.

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you, Elizabeth. I hope you enjoy it!

D.L. Finn said...

thank you Sandra, I can say the same of you xo

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you, I'm happy to hear it sounds good to you, Jan:)

Sandra said...

Thanks for the well wishes to an outstanding author:)

Sandra Cox said...

It definitely is, Natalia:)

Sandra Cox said...

I feel that way about snakes, Mae.
Denise did a great job on connecting the bear with Amber didn't she.

Sandra Cox said...

I'm thrilled to be part of your release.
Here's to selling a gazillion copies:)

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Jacqui,
Indeed. Me too:)

Sandra said...

Entirely my pleasure, Jan. Thanks for stopping by and supporting Denise.

Sandra said...

It is a great read:)
Hugs

Sandra said...

It is good, Christine:)

Marlena Smith said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Sandra! I wish you continued success with your new book addition, Denise. Best of luck to you. ❤

Julie Holmes said...

Yay! Got mine! Good luck with the new release, Denise!

D.L. Finn said...

Thank you, Julie :) I hope you enjoy it xo