Wednesday, May 6, 2020

IWSG Wednesday


The first Wednesday of every month is officially IWSG day. Members post about their doubts and fears, discuss struggles and triumphs, and offer words of encouragement to others who are struggling.

Thanks, as always, to Alex Cavanaugh, founder and Ninja Captain extraordinaire and our awesome co-hosts.

The IWSG monthly question can be found under the IWSG Sign-up tab on the Insecure Writer's Support Group Blog.


May 6 question - Do you have any rituals that you use when you need help getting into the ZONE? Care to share? 
Great question.  Good books and good movies and if that doesn't get my muse's interest, I go back to the beginning of the story and reread to remind her where we are going.

REVIEWS

SUBLIME SHADOWS OF LIFE by Balroop Singh



The verse in this book is beautifully written and leaves the reader with the feeling they've been given a glimpse into the author's soul. A glimpse the author freely shares. It's also a reminder that there are places in this world were life for a woman is a dreary existence at best. 

I especially enjoyed reading this at the end of the day when I could let the words flow over and envelope me.

Order Here

THE TEASE by Melissa Alexia


A steamy short.

This story starts with two young people in junior high who become, and remain, friends. Always 'teasing' each other. Seven years later, the 'teasing' begins in earnest as they try to figure out if they are going to continue to be friends, lovers or both.
If you like a steamy read, sprinkled with humor, you'll enjoy this sexy, well-written short.

Order Here


AND...
Happy Birthday, Heather.


48 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love that word list. Have a great day, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

Jamie Ghione said...

I too, like that word list.

Elephant's Child said...

I am surprised given just how proficient and prolific a writer you are that you aren't permanently in the zone.
Thank you for the tempting reviews.
We use a similar list on the crisis line - and a very happy birthday to Heather.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I wonder what zone writers go into when writing steamy scenes.

RO said...

Happy Birthday Heather, and thanks for the Feelings Word List. That will definitely come in handy! Hugs, RO

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like the feelings word list - that's handy.

Diane Burton said...

Great synonym list. Rereading what I've written always gets me back into the story.

Chrys Fey said...

Good books and good movies. *Nods* Yes, those always help. :)

Computer Tutor said...

So, let's dig into this a bit more. You are starting a book with a new character--a bounty hunter (am I allowed to reveal that? If not, delete this!). How did that pop into your brain as your next book?

Balroop Singh said...

Many thanks for this lovely review of my poetry Sandra. I like this: "words envelop me"...what a wonderful feeling! I love when words affect us deeply. Stay blessed.

Sandra Cox said...

Glad you like it, Val. There're some wondrous words on the list.
Stay safe. Be healthy.
Hugs

cleemckenzie said...

Yep. These are good ways to rekindle the muse.

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

I think going back and rereading what you wrote is a great way to get back into the mindset of your world. :)

Sandra Cox said...

It has some great synonyms on it, doesn't it, Jamie?

Sandra Cox said...

Blame it on my muse. She can be sooo lazy. Always wanting to put it in neutral and kickback:)
I find it fascinating that the crisis center has a similar list. I wouldn't have thought about that. And again, you just keep putting stars in your crown for all you do.

Sandra Cox said...

I'm betting on books, movies and etc:) Heh.

D.L. Finn said...

Being inspired by other great work can certainly help, Sandra or going back to the beginning. I really enjoy Balroos poetry, too!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I couldn't think of any rituals either.

Christine said...

Nice reviews, good word list and Happy Birthday to Heather!

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Birthday to Heather.

All the best Jan

Pat Hatt said...

A great word list. Yeah, a good book or movie can help some.

nashvillecats2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nashvillecats2 said...

Great post Sandra, I forgot it was the first Wednesday in the month owing to being a little unwell after a fall.
Yvonne.

emaginette said...

Going back to the beginning of a book is a wonderful idea. The anticipation alone could spark something grand. :-)

Anna from elements of emaginette

Sandra Cox said...

I'm glad, Ro. Kudos to whoever put that together.
Hugs received and returned.

Jeanie said...

Thanks for the feelings word list -- it's excellent!

Sandra Cox said...

Indeed:)

Sandra Cox said...

Don't you love synonyms?
Rereading helps, doesn't it, Diane?

Sandra Cox said...

Heh. Grinning at the nods.

Sandra Cox said...

I'm going to throw my muse under the bus. I have no earthly idea where that thought came from.

Sandra Cox said...

As you know, I love your--and Denise's--poetry. You both excel at your craft.
So glad you stopped by.

Sandra Cox said...

I find mine can be rather obstinate sometimes:)

Sandra Cox said...

It does seem to help. I love your Book Sniffers Anonymous:)

Sandra Cox said...

I love Balroop's poetry and yours. So much said and explained with a limited amount of words.

Sandra Cox said...

I hear ya.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks and thanks:)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks for Heather's birthday wishes, Jan.

Sandra Cox said...

Yes and yes:)

Sandra Cox said...

Oh no!

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Adam:)

Sandra Cox said...

Sparking something grand sounds wondrous:)

Sandra Cox said...

It is a good one, isn't it?

Kalpana said...

This feelings word list is a handy tool to have. Thank you. I'll check out Balroop's poetry.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love the word list Sandra! Thank you!! I often look up words, when I'm painting. I don't know why? LOL! I think I like seeing other words, that mean the same thing. Thanks for the reviews! Happy Birthday to Heather! Big Hugs!

Diane Burton said...

Thanks for the great word list. Stay safe.

Sandra Cox said...

I find it fascinating you look up words when you paint. You are such a creative creature.
Hugs received and returned.

Sandra Cox said...

There's some great words on that list isn't there, Kalpana?
I'm sure Balroop will love that.
Thanks for stopping by.

Sandra Cox said...

It is. The author put a lot of work into it.
Thanks, Diane. You stay safe too.