Monday, May 20, 2013

It's Going To Be A Week Or... I Had A Dream

The house is on the market and the hubby is going in for knee replacement surgery. Yikes!
This is what we'd like to see:
The housing market in this area is still depressed. I've seen homes drop over 30K in a year. Which if you're in the high 6K figures or above wouldn't be so bad but if you are just in the average range....Ouch! Now if you're on the buying end that's another story.
Luckily, we aren't in a position where we have to move.
What's the market like where you live?
~*~
About the surgery...All I can say is, we'll both be looking forward to this time next month. We went to a knee-replacement class. I almost wish I hadn't gone, being a firm believer in ignorance is bliss. It brought home the fact just how out of commission he'll be. They have these handy dandy little gadgets they send home so the patient can put on their own shoes and socks. It reminds me of those  little portable arms on the claw machine that you put money in to try to get a toy out.  Yup its going to be all kinds of fun.
~*~

I had a dream...It was a great dream. Perfect. It would make a wonderful movie or book. Can I remember it to write it? Snort. Of course, not. The only thing I remember is the hero and heroine were looking for a bomb and the heroine found out the butler was her father.  You say it doesn't sound like any book you'd want to read? Trust me, this would have been a great one. I'm hoping for a rerun.
~*~
Now what about you? Did you have a good weekend? I trust so. Have an excellent Monday. Or have one that's as good as a Monday can be.
 
 

8 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

hope the surgery goes well, and yeah housing market sucks here too. But if you can wait, one will come along.

Jennifer Shirk said...

The housing market where we are is better (sort of) than it was. Hope you can sell for a good price!

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Ooh, write your book and best of luck with your week - sounds like it's going to be stressful.

Cherie Reich said...

I hope your husband's surgery goes well! And good luck selling the house! (If the first picture is a picture of it, then it looks lovely.) I hope you get a rerun of your dream!

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Pat,
Thanks for the good wishes.
You're right, its a matter of waiting it out.
Have a good one.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Jennifer. Glad your market is picking up. Maybe it will trickle down, up, across, wherever:)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Ms. Julia.
I was so frustrated, the dream was dissipating as I woke. I was thinking, no, no, don't go....

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks so much, Cherie, and thanks for stopping by.
I would love to have a rerun dream:)