Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Ketch-up Day

 

Can you believe it's November?   

Me neither.

AND

Some pics from my SIL.  The first two are in Colorado. The 2nd two: Hawaii.





AND

I was one of the lucky recipients of  a beautiful Floriade magnet from EC. Thanks, EC. I love it. The picture  on the card looks like EC's birds, doesn't it? If you haven't been to EC's blog and are interested in Australia's flora and fauna, you're in for a treat when you visit.

AND

Isn't this great?  Most of the time these poor flowers just get pitched when they are past the sale stage, but look what our local Food Lion did.  I love it. And yes, I did take one;) It was definitely my Halloween treat.


Got critters? Flowers? Been on vacay?  And if you're in the U.S. and haven't yet done so, don't forget to vote.



14 comments:

Andrew said...

Colorado is and Hawaii are like chalk and cheese. Both have great beauty.

Elephant's Child said...

Very different photos from your SIL - and all are stunning.
I am so glad that the magnet and card arrived. Hooray for free flowers.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandra - two places of such different American takes on life ... but lucky them to have visited. Gorgeous card and magnet from EC ... and that chrysanth pot plant will do well ... so enjoy as it enjoys being looked after - cheers Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd definitely take Colorado first.
Can't pass up free flowers.

Staci Troilo said...

I love that they gave away the flowers. Happy November!

Christine said...

Beautiful photos

Janie Junebug said...

Boy, Colorado and Hawaii are totally different. EC is great and I love following her blog and seeing her comments at mine. It's so nice that the store gave away the flowers. Why throw them out? It's pretty warm here so I still have some flowers blooming. My roses usually bloom during December.

Love,
Janie

Birgit said...

Love the pics with the elk and so neat to see a sea turtle.. I believe they are endangered. Howlovely to win...you deserve it.

Sandra Cox said...

They do for sure, Andrew.
EC, Very different states for sure. I love my magnet. Thank you. I was thrilled they were giving away the flowers instead of trashing them.
Hi Hils,They were actually visiting Hawaii, but live in CO. The CO pictures were taken on her walk. Wouldn't that be amazing?
Alex, CO is majestic. Hawaii is on my bucket list. You can't beat free flowers;)
Staci, Wasn't that awesome? Happy November to you:)
Thanks, Christine.
Jamie, Can you believe it?
Janie, CO and Hawaii are definitely different. I love EC:)
Birgit, Ya gotta love sea turtles. YOU take special care.

J.P. Alexander said...

Bellas imagenes, te mando un beso.

Lee said...

This year has flown by all too fast...too fast for us turtles!!! :)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, J.P. Sending you a hug.
Lee, Ha.

Truedessa said...

After seeing other blogs with flower photos. I bought a giant tri-color mum. It is quite lovely. There are a lot of birds and squirrels around here and a wild fox that is rather large. I met it on my walk recently.

Jeanie said...

What a great collection of photos. I LOVE that the Food Lion gave away their aging blooms. Someone might revive them!