Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Ketch-Up Day


 


Just some odds and ends today.

Harvest from my daughter's indoor garden.

 

Including chocolate peppers. Ever heard of them?


 

 

My zinnies are taking over mine:)


 My son's family and in-laws are vacationing in the Turk and Caicos Islands

 

And for the coffee (and tea) drinkers out there.

 From my coffee calendar:)

AND

Last but not least: 

 

*If you want added or removed from the birthday roll just let me know. 

That's it for me, Blogger Buds. What's going on in your neck of the woods?

15 comments:

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew said...

Not much happening in my life. It is very cold here, and yesterday so wet. But as Australians say, we need the rain, even ironically during a flood.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am a big fan of bell peppers but I have never heard of a chocolate pepper. Since I never met a capsicum I didn’t eat with glee I am sure this would be no different. Your daughter’s garden looks to be doing exceptionally well. Maybe tonight we’ll have pulled pork, peppers and potatoes for dinner, or maybe it will be capsicums, chicken and carrots. So many choices at the Alliterative Café!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've heard of chocolate peppers but never seen one in a store.

D.L. Finn said...

Wow! What an abundant bounty :) what a great gift xo

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I love your photos and birthday illustration for Jeanie, dear Sandra!
I have never heard of chocolate peppers!

Christine said...

Nice to catch up

The Happy Whisk said...

Yum on the pepper!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm a big fan of bell peppers but have never heard of chocolate peppers. They look beautiful. Your indoor garden is doing great.

Happy birthday, Jeanie.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do enjoy bell peppers but have not come across chocolate peppers ... must read up about them!

Happy Tuesday Wishes.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

More on the Chocolate Bell Pepper: It's an heirloom variety which starts as green and matures to a dark chocolate color. It is one of the sweetest bell peppers, making it great for snacking and cooking. The plants are medium to large and can be grown in containers or small garden.

All the best Jan

Susan Kane said...

chocolate peppers? How do they taste?

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Ivy:) Don't they sound good.

Truedessa said...

I have not heard of a chocolate pepper. It is wonderful to have an indoor garden with all the problems with produce lately. I have been buying mine from a local farmer. I do enjoy my salads.

Sandra Cox said...

LOL about needing rain during the flood. How 'bout you take some of our heat and send us some of your cold, Andrew, and maybe we'll balance out:)