Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Writerly Wednesday AND Did You Know Thursday

What's your word, example or synonym for:


 

 Example: Lone and loan are the homophones that snag me.  I once wrote 'the loan rider'. 😐

 AND

 

 

 Did you know, three of the first five American Presidents died on July 4th? John Adams, the second President of the United States and Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States died on the fiftieth anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. James Monroe, the fifth President of the United States died July 4th, 1831. 

AND 

 


 

 

14 comments:

Janie Junebug said...

Maybe the loan rider works at a bank.

Love,
Janie

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

time, thyme

Andrew said...

Should we look forward with anticipation to 4th July 2027?

David M. Gascoigne, said...

As for those three American presidents, I barely know their names, so there! That lone fellow Trump is making sure that the national loan gets bigger and bigger. Melanie paved over the Rose Garden so I guess she doesn’t like a flower, and I am sure has no acquaintance with flour. Maybe her hair will fly as she chases a hare. Do Poles follow polls in the same obsessive manner we do here?

CJ Kennedy said...

Loan Rider saying Hi, Ho, Silver still makes sense (or cents) 🤣

Jamie Ghione said...

Yes, I knew about the three US presidents who died on the 4th of July. Coolidge is the only one to be born on July 4th.

The Happy Whisk said...

Neat. No, I didn't know that about them. PS: Thanks for the comment about leaving the light on.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

see…sea….when ewe…you…speek N rite….right..trout….thiz iz noe…know longer
…a con cern ‼️🐾😸💚

Christine said...

Interesting birthday fact

Sandra Cox said...

Hey David, No reason you should know about our presidents. They weren't perfect by any stretch. i.e. slavery. But I'm so impressed by our founding fathers. They walked the talk and were willing to lay down their lives for democracy.
Lots of fun homophone examples here. Unfortunately, the loan is too true.

Sandra Cox said...

Good one, Linda.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Christine. I thought so too:)

J.P. Alexander said...

Genial. Te mando un beso.

Jeanie said...

I actually DID know that! Homophones are such a challenge for people learning English!