Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Writerly Wednesday AND Did You Know Thursday

 What's your synonym, definition, example or sentence for:

 


Example:Populism  is a philosophy that represents the ordinary person.....or claims to.

POPULISM Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster 

 

AND 

 


Did you know, in Medieval times, animals were put on trial in Europe?

110 Weird, Interesting, Or Bizarre Facts  

Animal trial - Wikipedia 


 

24 comments:

Food Blogger said...

Animals on trial? What!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Oh my goodness. Animals on trial?

Andrew said...

Funny, no not funny, how positive sounding words like populism and populist are so negative.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There are some populist animals around the world who should be put on trial right now!

Birgit said...

I’d love to hear Resident Rump try to pronounce this word.
I did know that the crazy nuts in power, back in the day, charged animals with witchcraft. I read, in my book about strange facts etc… that 2 pigs were burned at the stake. I do love a good pot roast.

D.L. Finn said...

Animals on trial? Crazy! Xo

Christine said...

good word and fun fact

Truedessa said...

Certainly, I cannot imagine why an animal would be put on trial? But, way back when weird stuff happened. I guess weird stuff still happens today.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

And I love the blue and gold macaw, too! :)

J.P. Alexander said...

Te mando un beso.

Jeanie said...

It feels like something out of a kids book. Sheep on trial!

Sandra Cox said...

Who'd a thought. Thanks for stopping by.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, JP. Sending you hugs

Sandra Cox said...

It does for sure, Jeanie.

Sandra Cox said...

Very weird. Poor critters.

Sandra Cox said...

Linda, Isn't he great. We encountered him at a bird sanctuary.

DMS said...

I had no ideas that animals have ever been put on trial. Fascinating! :)

Sandra Cox said...

Good point, Andrew.

Sandra said...

Unfortunately true, David.

Sandra Cox said...

It's sad about the animals, isn't it, Birgit? We should be protecting them not torturing them. Unfortunately, crazy has survived through the centuries.

Sandra Cox said...

Crazy for sure, Denise. xo

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Christine:) Glad you think so.

Sandra Cox said...

Weird does seem to trickle through the centuries, doesn't it, True?

Sandra Cox said...

Pretty crazy, isn't it?