Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Ketch-Up Day

 

 

If you celebrate it, how was your Labor Day Weekend? And if your country doesn't celebrate it, we still want to hear about your weekend and Monday. Ours was quiet with no emphasis on labor. Heh.

AND

It's 

 

Enjoy your day, David.
 

AND

Lookee. Lookee. CJ sent me a postcard on her Girls' Away Trip. Doesn't this look like a fabulous place? Thanks so much, CJ. It made my day. My only question. Did you see Bob? Heh.


 

For those who may not have seen it. In What About Bob, Bob Wiley a psychiatric patient, played by Bill Murray, with his goldfish in tow, follows his new psychiatrist Dr. Leo Marvin, Richard Dreyfuss,  and his  family  to Lake Winnipesaukee  on their vacation and crash it. If you haven't seen it, it's a hoot. 

The movie was actually filmed at Smith Mountain Lake.

Thanks again, CJ. I loved it.💚

That's all from here folks.  Hope to cyber-see you tomorrow:) 

 




26 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Lovely postcard, Sandra. I had a nice quiet Labour Day at home.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We were busy doing things but it was still relaxing.

Andrew said...

Nothing exciting for me. The lake looks wonderful but I can't tell anyone about it as I could never pronounce the name.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Labour Day was great for us. We spent our time at McGregor Provincial Park on Lake Huron, exploring glorious nature. Who knew there is a National David Day? I shall bask in the glory of it all and insist that Miriam cancel all plans for the day to devote her time only to me. I’ll let you know how that goes!

CJ Kennedy said...

Sadly, we didn't see Bob, but maybe that's because Winnipesaukee is a huge lake. I've never seen that movie so I'll have to look it up. Glad the postcard arrived.

Jeanie said...

What About Bob is wonderful! I'll have to tell my cousin David about National David Day!

Christine said...

We had a quiet Labour Day.

Janie Junebug said...

I'll have to see if What About Bob is on one of my streaming services. That movie is hilarious. I labored yesterday, but not at my job. I worked in the backyard, mowing, trimming, stirring, and baking (my cheeks were a little red afterward). The girls helped by rolling in the grass and chasing each other. Princess took a dip in her doggy pool.

Love,
Janie

Sandra Cox said...

Ours was quiet as well, Linda. Quiet is good;)

Sandra Cox said...

I'm glad it was relaxing, Alex:)

Sandra Cox said...

Ha. Right there with ya on the pronunciation, Andrew:)

J.P. Alexander said...

Te mando un beso.

Truedessa said...

Haha I've have seen that movie.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love that postcard CJ sent you. Haven't seen that movie, but it sounds funny. I binge watched some new PBS shows on Passport.

Sandra Cox said...

David, Sounds like a lovely way to spend Labo(u)r Day:)
Uh, yeah, good luck with insisting Miriam cancel her plans. You are so funny.

Sandra Cox said...

CJ, That lake does look huge..and beautiful. The movie's hilarious. I think you'd enjoy it if you are a Murray and or Dreyfuss fan. I'm thrilled the postcard made. NC mail is pretty iffy.

Sandra Cox said...

Jeanie, Yes, please tell your cousin David about his special day.
That movie is hilarious, isn't it?

Sandra Cox said...

A quiet Labor Day sounds lovely, Christine:)

Sandra Cox said...

Sounds like the girls had the best end of the deal on working outside, Janie:)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Mine was quiet too. What a pretty postcard! No, I haven't seen Bob, but I bet I'd like it.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, JP. Sending you a hug:)

Sandra Cox said...

Pretty funny, innit, True?:)

Sandra Cox said...

You can't beat PBS shows, for sure, Elizabeth. I think you'd enjoy What About Bob.

Sandra Cox said...

It is pretty, isn't it, Natalie? If you get an opportunity, pop some popcorn, kick back and watch What About Bob:)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I went to a rodeo and on a hike to see a waterfall, so we had a great Labor Day, also without the laboring.

Sandra Cox said...

Sounds wondrous, Elizabeth:) Glad you enjoyed the Labor(less) Day;)