Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Writerly Wednesday AND Did You Know Thursday

 Greetings, Blogger Buds. What is your synonym, definition or example of:


  Example: It would be nice to say all of my decisions were sagacious but, unfortunately, that's not the case.

SAGACIOUS | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary 

 

AND 


 Did you know, a Hawaiian goby fish can climb a waterfall using its mouth?
 
 

 

16 comments:

Andrew said...

A word I do know. My synonym might be judicious. The fish is interesting.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandra - yes a word I too know ... judicious also pertinent. Nature is extraordinary at what it overcomes ... I didn't know about the Goby fish ... .cheers Hilary

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I did know the word but have never used it yet. Thank you for sharing this, Sandra. As well, I did not know this about the Hawaiian goby fish! Truly fascinating!

Christine said...

Good word

Donna said...

Sounds like a good word to use but Larry would just give me the , “you’re putting on aires again” look…Lololol
Have a sweet rest of the week friend…never knew there was a fish that could do something like that…🤔
Hugs
Donna 🌷

Janie Junebug said...

I'd probably use clever or intelligent instead of sagacious, but it's a good word.

Love,
Janie

CJ Kennedy said...

I was with the No way parrot

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Blogger would be really sagacious if it would fix its damn problems once and for all and let is stay that way. It’s enough to drive a fish up a waterfall!

Sandra Cox said...

Good synonym, Andrew:) Apparently, they are tough little guy, hey?

Sandra Cox said...

Good job on word knowledge, Hils, and yes, nature is extraordinary. Cheers,

Sandra Cox said...

Glad you enjoyed the word and fact, Linda;)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Christine:)

Sandra Cox said...

CJ, LOL:)

Sandra Cox said...

Heh. Great sentences, David:)

Sandra Cox said...

Donna, You can always count on a spouse to keep your feet on the ground, can't ya. Heh. Who'd have thought about a fish climbing a fall with its mouth. Surprised me too:)

Sandra Cox said...

And a good response on your part, Janie;)