Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Ketch-Up Day

 


How are you? Watcha been doing?

I've been:

Staining the fence.  

 

AND

 Removing my grapevine

AND

Planting a Razzmatazz, developed in North Carolina for North Carolina growing. 

I hate cutting down  plants. Its right up there with  destroying books. On the other hand, it's also like staying in a bad marriage that's not going to get better vs getting a divorce. So,  I divorced my grapevine and am starting over😐.  It just wasn't right for these conditions.  Who'd a thought? Note to self: Research before buying plants I'm unfamiliar with.

AND

I ordered a Dwarf Granny Apple.  Woot. Woot.  This one I did research:)

AND

Inside:

See the leaves at the bottom. That was the size of them when the HH first got me this plant. I left it in place for several months, it stayed healthy and it would get new leaves, but didn't get any bigger. Then I moved it to where it caught the morning sun, watered it more and gave it a teensy bit of coffee grounds and it took off and lived up to its name: Elephant Ear. I'm not sure if it was the sun, extra watering, caffeine or a combo which increased its size.  What do you think?

ALSO INSIDE:

Tis the season.


 


  



 AND

We had a visitor sitting under the porch light.


 AND

I got my mammo last week.  The fun never ends.  Cough. Cough. Choke. Choke. Wait while I hack up that furball.


 The imaging center has been giving out gifts after mammos the past two years. Last year it was a pink silk rose.  This year, as you can see a cup, a pen, lip balm and a nail file.

AND

Two Peas in a Pod 



 


 


 AND

 


                                        https://cowboytrivia.blogspot.com/

AND

From California

Thanks, Denise


 That's it for today, Blogger Buds. Thanks for leaving the light on for me.

28 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I love the frog 🐸 the cats and the skunk.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not going to end well for that fox.
Hope your new plants all thrive.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

You have reinforced all the reasons why I encourage my wife to make all the selections for house plants. I smiled when I saw the reference to the mammogram. A dear friend of mine, who is proper but not in a prim sort of way, but not given to ribaldry either, refers to it as a tit squeeze. An accurate description, I would say! Have a great day, Sandra — and take good care of that frog.

Andrew said...

That's a nice collection of photos, especially of the frog, and Denise's odd contribution.

Jamie Ghione said...

Love the cats.

Christine said...

Love the apple tree

CJ Kennedy said...

Boy howdy, do you have a green thumb! The kitties are cute, but my favorite kitty is the Ink O'Ween decoration. Kudos to you for getting your mammies checked.

The Happy Whisk said...

Love that the plant is called Elephant Ear! What a hoot.

D.L. Finn said...

Love all your plants inside and out. I hear you with cutting down plants, its hard. We have to remove plants five feet of house. I'm figuring out how to do it and keep them alive. Love the frog and kitties. Thanks for sharing my odd couple. The skunk did run off the fox later. Xo

Sandra Cox said...

Jamie, They're a mess:)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Christine. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to have to get a Fuji orGala hopefully next year. The Grannies self pollinate but do better when they cross pollinate.

Susan Kane said...

We have a plant that I had to put in the unused oval tub that is so big and dangerous for a person like me. Not sure what to do as it gets bigger and bigger. Love your photos. Makes me feel good.

Lowcarb team member said...

The kitties are cute and I like your Halloween/Autumn decor.

All the best Jan

J.P. Alexander said...

. Te mando un beso.

Janie Junebug said...

Welcome back! I missed you. Love those two peas in a pod. We're fine but it's been raining hard all day. Alice has slept through most of it. She snores so sweetly. I have elephant ears in my back yard and in the side of my front yard. They are reliable and have grown for me when nothing else will.

Love,
Janie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have been busy. That fence must have taken a lot of time. Too bad about getting rid of the grapevine, but I can understand why you did it. Loved seeing the two cats. A friend gave me an Elephant Ear and I did well with it for two years. I had to bring it in in winter and store the bulb in my basement through winter. Sadly, one year I put it out too early and a late frost got it and several other plants, too..

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention I like your Halloween decorations.

Sandra Cox said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them, Linda:)

Jeanie said...

The two peas in a pod totally crack me up! Gorgeous peas. And I can see why you took a hiatus. That's a ton of work. Well done with that fence. And I love your Halloweenies, too!

Birgit said...

My hubby has ripped out so.e good plants, like my beautiful hydrangea. I get why but, I hate that he did it and keep telling hi. To plant another when he can. Your indoor plant looks great and so does your Autumn look and Halloween. We have Thanksgiving this weekend and we will be making a turkey. Your pussy cats look so sweet. The tabby on the left looks a little like my Lezi..so cute but a holy terror.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Alex. I hope they thrive too. Advice to wildlife: Run fox run:)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Jan;) Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Sandra Cox said...

Alice is a smart girl. Nothing better than sleeping to the sound of rain thrumming.
Ooh, good to know about the elephant ears. This is the first one I've ever had and it's fun.
Also thanks for the warm welcome back. Much appreciated:)

Sandra Cox said...

Sending hugs, JP:)

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Elizabeth, Yeah, that fence is a bit of a challenge. I've never been able to finish the whole thing in a year or two or three...
I did feel bad about that poor grapevine:( Sorry about your Elephant Ear and other plants. Mother Nature is awfully tricky. You just never known when frost is going to hit.
The cats are live entertainment, as you know:) Heh.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks;)

Truedessa said...

Love the plant some do better with east or west lighting during the day. Most of mine like the morning sun. I had a praying mantis visit me the other day it was on my welcome planter outside by the front door.

Sandra Cox said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Birgit. Hope you get a new hydrangea soon. Yup, cute but a holy terror pretty much sums it up. Though, Louie may be more of a clown than a terror. He has a crush on Callie and will come rushing in to see her and tries to cozy up. At which point, she boxes his ears and he strolls off. Heh