Thursday, October 20, 2011
Remember Ouija Boards? My friends and I were fascinated by them when I was in high school. Since Halloween is approaching and since a Ouija board makes an appearance in my current wip, I thought I'd go over the rules and regs in case some of you haven't played or don't remember.
1. The sun on the top left represents good spirits.
2. The moon on the top right represents evil spirits.
3. Two people lay their fingers gently on the planchette. If a third person is present, have them take notes.
4. The first question to ask is, 'Ouija are you there?' Ask it until the planchette points to yes.
5. Electronic devices should be turned off, so they don't block the electronic impulses of the spirits trying to communicate.
6. Ask who you are talking to.
7. Only ask one question at a time.
8. Don't let the planchette drop from the Ouija Board. This can let loose a spirit.
9. Don't use the Ouija Board when you are feeling sick or weak, this makes you vulnerable to possession. Also don't use it in a graveyard.
10. When you are ready to end the session do not take your fingers from the planchette until the spirit has said goodbye. The planchette will move to the word good bye.
11. Close the board properly, so malevolent spirits don't remain behind.
12. Don't ever try to burn a Ouija Board. If you must destroy it, break it into seven pieces, sprinkle it with holy water then bury it.
13.....Did you know the original Ouija boards were made from the wood of coffins........
Blogs of interest: