Saturday, January 14, 2012

Maturity


Myfreewallpapers.net

A mature person is one who does not think in absolutes, who is able to be objective when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and all things, who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life.~*~ Eleanor Roosevelt


I blush to admit that at times it's tough for me to be objective when my passions are involved. And if I'm upset with someone it's also hard to think in terms of their good side. What about you? Do you remain objective when you are involved emotionally? And when you're angry, do you still see what's on that individual's plus side of the ledger?

3 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Yikes. Not easy. Yes, when I'm angry I can still see the good, but that's taken years of practice and sometimes I deliberately ignore the plus side of the ledger. Depends upon how hurt I am and what he or she has done.
Hope you're okay and it's not me you're mad at...

Sandra Cox said...

My goodness no. If I ever were, which I don't foresee happening, I wouldn't mention it on a blog. I just read it, liked it and thought to myself that its a good goal to strive for. Eleanor Roosevelt sounds like she was a very wise woman with a lot of experience dealing with human weaknesses.

Unknown said...

I remain me at all times and act as my conscience dictates without labelling it anything other than being myself.