Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Nail Set of Problems


Well, thanks to the gel polish my nails have grown out. Am I happy? You bet. I'm ecstatic.
Having a few adjustment problems though. I guess its like going from regular glasses to bifocals...not that I would know, of course. Choke, choke, cough, cough, excuse me while I hack up that fur ball.
Typing, is the biggie. I file down the worst offenders to manageable proportions, but I'm still having issues. Do you flatten your fingers and type on the tips of them or arch them and type with your nails?
And all those things, I've always moaned about over the years and said I could open or pry off if I only had nails. No can do. Not only am I afraid of breaking them, but now when I go to grasp something, I can't figure out what to do with the extended protuberance on the tips of my fingers.
Bottom line...I need some vampire or cat DNA, to extend and retract my new found nails at will.
~*~
Blogs of interest:
Amarinda Jones
Anny Cook
Helen Woodall
Jennifer Shirk
Julia Barrett
Shelley Munro
Sherry Silver

6 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Love your nails! I envy your new healthy long nails - I should have such a problem!

Sandra Cox said...

Its the gel polish. Without it, they'd still be stubs.

Unknown said...

I like mine short but yours look good. I'd break 'em doign something I shouldn't

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks. I hear ya on the break thing.

Shelley Munro said...

Lol - that is exactly what I need! Retractable nails.
I always keep mine short. They're always breaking :(

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Shel, I can so relate on the breaking. I thought I was the only person in the world that had that problem but it sounds like its more common than I realized.