Monday, May 19, 2014

A Mother's Day Tale and Monday

So my Mother's Day gift from my son arrived the Friday before Mother's Day: chocolate-covered strawberries. My daughter called and said she'd ordered my Mother's Day gift and had paid extra to get it there on time but had inadvertently sent it to herself. Uh Huh. She decided she must have wanted a Miss M's Day. The company that she ordered from took pity on her and let her keep what she'd inadvertently (Uh Huh) sent to her address and sent another to me, which would arrive on Tuesday. In the meantime, on Mother's Day, I had the sibs call and wish her a Happy Miss M's Day:). Tuesday arrived, I got home and felt like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. There setting on the counter was, you guessed it. A box of chocolate-covered strawberries.

9 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

A late gift isn't really late. It just prolongs the celebration.

Sandra Cox said...

Most definitely. It was just funny that unknown to each other. they'd both gotten my chocolate covered strawberries.

Pat Hatt said...

haha well the more stretched out the gifts come, the more you can enjoy it

Julia Barrett said...

Well, happy Extra Mother's Day! Everyday should be Mother's Day anyway.

Unknown said...

I love chocolate covered strawberries. They are my weakness. You have some great children there, Sandra=) Glad your Mother's Day festivities tread on!

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Pat, you bettcha:) They've just never gotten me the same gift before, and from the same company:)

Sandra Cox said...

I agree, Ms. Julia:) That's a great idea:)

Sandra Cox said...

Yes, they are, Gina. I think I'll keep them:)

Sandra Cox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.