Sunday, July 11, 2010

If I Were In Charge of the World



We are getting ready to put our house on the market. While we were looking at houses, we ran across a fixer upper built in the 50s with all kinds of wondrous unexpected nooks and crannies, sunroom, master bedroom, all the things I was looking for. We thought we'd make an offer and remodel it. That was before we seriously started cleaning, repairing, painting, and all the necessary things one tends to let go by the wayside until there's no other options but to fix it. Its quenched any desire for a fixer upper, give me new.

Anyway, while cleaning and packing I ran across this...

Ryan's version of If I Were to Change the World, written many years ago...

If I were in charge of the world I'd cancel final assesments, tests and all the boring stuff on T.V.
If I were in charge of the world there would be free world series tickets, more opportunity and vaccines for all diseases
If I were in charge of the world you wouldn't have streets of homelessness, beanie babies, and you wouldn't have newspaper headlines that involved murder
If I were in charge of the world Super Bowl Sunday would become a holiday, chocolate would become a food group and people that play sports and like to build forts would still be allowed to be in charge of the world
If you were in charge of the world, what would you do?

3 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

What a great post! I would love to be in charge of the world but I think the job would become onerous!
How are you? You're moving??? Sounds interesting.

Sherry Gloag said...

If I ruled the world I'd insist on unconditional love :-) Ha!aperi

Sandra Cox said...

Sherry and Anny, good ones!
Julia, I be okay. How you?