Monday, December 27, 2010

Post-Christmas


Well all the two-legged guests have left. Christmas was cut a bit short because of the weather. My son and his wife were going to NY for the holidays and had to leave before brunch because of the weather Christmas day. Then my brother and his significant other left directly after the brunch because of the weather.
I had my lovely daughter for an entire week. One which passed much too quickly. We dropped her off at the airport today. She was headed for Minnesota and 40 inches of snow. Burr...Since, she was flying she was limited on what she could take back. She did, however, manage to cram all her chocolate in her carry on:) I will miss her and miss having my own personal chef. I'm the nuke queen. I'll nuke a vegee entree and call it dinner. My daughter is a bit of a gourmand. While she was here I quickly got spoiled. She fixed one Thai meal, a blackberry cobbler and for Christmas dinner homemade tomato soup and gourmet grilled cheese on sourdough bred with pears and caramelized onions. She even notched up the scrambled eggs:) I probably won't eat as well again until her next visit. Miss you, baby girl.
Now we just have my son's dog and cat, along with our six cats and dog, which has been quite exciting.
But enough about me, how did you spend Christmas? Hope it was wondrous.

Don't forget the great blogs at Amarinda Jones', Julia Barrett's, Molly Daniel's and Anny Cook's places.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought I was the nuke queen. I can cook. I just prefer not to. As for the chcoloate cramming thing...just indicates how intelligent she is