Thursday, December 30, 2010

Puppy Love


What do we want from relationships?
I think most of us want someone or something that make us feel good about ourselves, that make us feel like we are the center of someone's universe. Do you have someone that makes you feel that way?That you are their center, their core. A significant other? A daughter? A son? A parent? A sib? A friend? Often times relationships start that way, but somewhere along the line they fizzle out. The newness wears off. The effort is no longer put forth. Budgetary concerns, time and distance strain it. Too often we end up feeling secondary to almost everything, other people, sports, jobs, etc. I think that's why animals are so important in our lives. They give us unconditional love. It doesn't matter to them if we aren't at our best, have gained a few pounds, aren't sterling conversationalist or dress to impress.
Maybe there's something to be said for puppy love after all.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've decided as soon as I get a house I'm getting chooks(chickens) and a tortoise.

Sandra Cox said...

Good for you. That sounds like fun. Chickens are one of the most cruelly killed animals by humans, at least in the US, of any that are raised for food. I don't get it. There should be laws against whats done to them.

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Never discount the love of a pet - their love for you and your love for them. May not be exactly the same thing, but it's close.
I'd like some chickens too, Amarinda.

Sandra Cox said...

Hear! Hear! or is it Here! Here! I always get confused on that.

Mona Risk said...

Sandra, your blog is getting prettier every day. I don't have pets anymore. They are not allowed in our apartment building. But I always remember with love my last cat, Wendy, who spent nine yaers with us. Ungrateful mother that I am, I have to donate her (put her for adoption is better) in a family with kids when we moved to an apartment.

Happy New Year.

Sandra Cox said...

Hi, Mona. I'm sure Wendy had a good one. Wishing you much happiness in the New Year.