Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cell Phone Etiquette

       

                   After a tiring day, a commuter settled down in her seat and closed her eyes.
                   As the train rolled out of the station, the guy sitting next to her pulled out his cell phone and started
                   talking in a loud voice: "Hi sweetheart. It's Eric. I'm on the train."
                   "Yes, I know it's six thirty and not four thirty, but I had a long meeting."
                   "No, honey, not with that blonde from the accounts office. It was with the boss."
                   "No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life."
                   "Yes, I'm sure, cross my heart."
                   Fifteen minutes later, he was still talking loudly.
                   When the young woman sitting next to him had enough, she leaned over and said into the phone,
                   "Eric, hang up the phone and come back to bed."

                   Eric doesn't use his cell phone in public any longer.
~*~

'I refrained from making a comment that started with “flat-footed” and ended with “ass”. Instead I just lifted my eyebrows.'~Suzanne, from Tall, Dark and Undead

9 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

:-D

Pat Hatt said...

haha that will teach him

sonia said...

Priceless!

Julia Barrett said...

:-D

Sandra Cox said...

Hey CJ, how are you?

Sandra Cox said...

Pat. Grin.

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Sonia, Glad you enjoyed it. Have a pleasant evening.

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Ms. Julia,
:) Have a good evening.

Rhobin said...

Love it. Good flash fiction, great moral.