Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Lumosity

Lately, my thoughts have been like snowflakes that melt before they hit the ground. So...I signed up for Lumosity. Are you familiar with it? 
For those who aren't, it's basically a brain exerciser. There is a cost involved, but it's reasonable. Since several family members have also been complaining about the memory thing, I signed up for the family plan. This allows five family members to play, er, do the exercises. The first step is to take a survey to find out what you want to improve: your memory, flexibility, problem-solving, etc. From there, an exercise program is set up suited to your needs. After each day's workout, you're given your scores. I've found I do pretty well in the problem-solving arena, which comes as a surprise, and not so well in the memory department, which comes as no surprise. From there, you can also go in and see how you rate compared to the rest of the populace. I've got to say, boys and girls, that part wasn't pretty. It was the darn pinball game that ruined my average. I've never been good at pinball. I just couldn't figure out where that blasted ball was supposed to be going. Anyhoo, if you're interested, it's: lumosity.com
~*~
'No matter how smart, all men are suckers for a pretty face.'~Suzanne from Tall, Dark and Undead

8 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

That sounds like something I need. I find myself forgetting things a lot lately. :(

Sandra Cox said...

I feel your pain....

Dana said...

Sounds really interesting! Let us know how you end up liking it.

Pat Hatt said...

Thankfully i remember everything at my wing

sonia said...

I love brain games and play some on my kindle every day or do crosswords. The ones I shy away from are math-related as that's just not fun for me, but maybe I should try them out as my nine-year-old has far exceeded my skills!

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Dana,
So far I'm liking it. I've noticed my scores are much better after coffee;)

Sandra Cox said...

Good for you, Sonia. I don't think I could do school math either.

Sandra Cox said...

Good for you, Pat. Seriously.