Friday, March 22, 2024

Your Weekend Read: THE DEFIANT SISTERS DUET - BOOK 2 by Jacquie Biggar

 



Finding Me: The Defiant Sisters Duet- Book 2

Jacquie Biggar



Thank you for sharing my new release on your blog today, Sandra. It’s deeply appreciated!
A few years ago, a regular customer of my restaurant lost her husband to suicide. It shocked
our small community and devastated her family. They seemed like a happy, loving couple, so
what happened?
The same occurred to a famous, well-loved dancer called tWitch. He and his wife had three
children, the youngest only two years old. And yet, he, too, is gone.
This led me to wonder (and worry) about the children left behind. How do they handle the
loss of their father? Do they blame themselves? Each other?
The Defiant Sisters Duet is an exploration of two sisters, Renée and Izzy, affected differently
by the loss and how it eats at the family’s dynamics.




Finding Me
Izzy

My life is not like I dreamed it would be. I had the foolish fantasy of finishing high school,
going to college, making something of myself- maybe even becoming famous.
Instead, I'm the infamous kid of the father who killed himself in the family's backyard.
How's that for a legacy?

Renée

I came home for my mother's funeral, but I'm staying to mend bridges with my sister. We have
another chance, and whatever it takes, we need to come together as a family or live the rest of
our lives knowing we let our brother down.
They say pride goes before a fall, but it doesn't tell us how to avoid the scrapes along the way.



Excerpt:
“Mrs. O’Brian is getting around much better now. She’ll only need my help for another
week or two at most. I was thinking—”
“What?” Izzy swings around, eyes flashing fire. “That it’s time for you to head back to the
big city? I agree. We were doing just fine until you showed up. You’ve barely been in town a
month and already you’ve managed to hit a pedestrian, break up an engagement, and ruin my
relationship with Ben. All in a day’s work, right, Renée?”
“Don’t forget the swim in a swollen river,” I say, cringing at the venom in her voice, even
though I know it’s mostly the pain talking. Simon mentioned hearing she had split up with her
boyfriend who was coincidentally her boss. It must make for a tense workspace. I want to
console her but know she would just shut me down. We don’t have that kind of relationship
anymore. We haven’t in a long time.
Instead, I chuckle and take a seat at the table. “Wow, I feel like the evil witch in those fairy
tales we read as kids.”
“If the shoe fits…” she mumbles.

 I was known as the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese queen before we bought our restaurant in 2001, and I got a crash course in cooking for crowds, lol


My family likes to tease me for setting off the fire alarm one year while cooking Christmas morning breakfast. Not my fault; the bacon did it.

My favorite comfort food is homemade soup. Cream of potato, seafood chowder, and hamburger soup are the top three, but I like almost all of them except pickle soup- yuck!
 

Jacquie Biggar is an award-winning author of romance who has been listed on USA
Today's bestseller list. Her writing is centered around tough, alpha male characters who fall for
strong and independent contemporary women. She resides on Vancouver Island with her husband
and would love to hear from readers worldwide!

In her own words: "My name is Jacquie Biggar. When I'm not being a klutz, I'm a wife, a
mother of one, a grandmother, and a butler to my calico cat. Watching reality TV shows such as
The Voice and Amazing Race is one of my guilty pleasures. Every Monday night, you can find

me laughing at the judges shenanigans as I'm plastered to my armchair. I love hanging out with
my husband at the beach, taking pictures, and reading romance novels (what else?). I have a
slight obsession with Tim Hortons, enjoy gardening, everything pink, and talking to my friends"

Subscribe to her Newsletter and follow her on these sites:
Amazon | Website | Facebook | Newsletter
 Twitter | Pinterest | GoodReads | Bookbub

LINKS:

Amazon 

Universal Link 

TBR List 

BookBub

 

 

 


 






23 comments:

Priscilla Bettis said...

Oh my, such tension in that excerpt. I'm excited to read Finding Me!

Gwen Plano said...

Congratulations, Jacquie! I've got Finding Me on my Kindle, and it is rising to the top. Thank you, Sandra, for spotlighting Jacquie and her latest masterpiece. Exciting times!

Donna said...

Thank you Sandra for hosting Jacquie's book review! Sounds like a good read!
Happy weekend!
Donna

Jeanie said...

Best of luck, Jacquie!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandra and Jacquie - congratulations and all the best - I'd join you with the Seafood Chowder - cheers Hilary

Christine said...

Sounds good -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Jan Sikes said...

I read this story in one sitting last night and LOVE it!! Congratulations, Jacquie. You have captured each character's nuances perfectly! Thank you, Sandra, for hosting today.

D. Wallace Peach said...

Suicide is emotionally devastating for those left behind. I'm certain that Jacquie handles this deftly in her story, which I can't wait to read! Thanks for hosting, Sandra. And congrats to Jacquie! <3

D.L. Finn said...

Great post and read! I often set off our smoke alarm when cooking, especially broiling. It means it's done... lol Thanks for hosting, Sandra xo

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds great, all the best! !Hugs

Jacquie Biggar said...

Thanks for highlighting Finding Me today, Sandra. The dynamics between sisters has always fascinated me. I have two brothers, and while I love them, I wished for a sister when I was a kid. There's something about a relationship between sisters that is almost sacred.
I wanted my heroines in this series to get that connection back after a devastating loss.
Thanks for all of your kind comments. I truly hope this duet touches your heart and maybe convinces you to bridge any gaps in your own families {{hugs}}

Sandra Cox said...

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, Priscilla. I started last night and I'm about halfway through. Thanks so much for stopping by and supporting Jacquie.
Hi Gwen:) Perfect choice of words. A masterpiece is exactly what it is.
It was my reading pleasure, Donna. It's very well written. And a happy weekend to you:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Jacquie, her book certainly sounds interesting.

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Jeanie, Thanks for Jacquie's well wishes.
Hils, Thanks for Jacquie's well wishes. Now why does it not surprise me you like seafood chowder:)
Christine, It is good, for sure. Well worth a read.
Hi Jan, Good job on a one sitting read. I started last night, but only got halfway through. Maybe tonight.... Jacquie's talent definitely shines through, doesn't it?

Sandra Cox said...

Diana, Suicide is devastating for sure. You'd have to be at the end of your rope to do that to your loved ones.
Denise, The food is done when the smoke alarm goes off. You are so funny:) xo
Jacquie, It was entirely my pleasure to feature this book of the heart. You nailed the intricacies of sisters.
Lon, It definitely is. Jacquie does an amazing job writing about the complexities of human relationships.

Lee said...

A friend gave me five books this morning. We exchange books...so I guess I know what I'll be doing for a while! :)

Citu said...

Parece un genial libro. Gracias por la reseña. Te mando un beso.

Computer Tutor said...

Great introduction to Jacquie's latest. I've been waiting for this sequel.

Sandra Cox said...

Lee, Yay for friends who come bearing books.
Hi Jacqui, I just finished it last night. It's excellent.
J.P. It is a great read for sure. Sending you a hug.

DMS said...

The cover is just beautiful and I enjoyed all the foodie facts too. Wishing Jacquie the best of luck! Loved this post.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks so much for Jacquie's support, Jess.The cover is gorgeous, isn't it?

Sandra Cox said...

Val, It is for sure.

Jacquie Biggar said...

Thanks for all the kind comments. The cover is gorgeous. It was designed by Harlequin author Michele Hauf- she's wonderful.
My family laugh whenever me and food are in the same sentence, lol. Back in 2001 when hubby and I bought our restaurant, I was thrown into the kitchen after our cook quit due to bad knees. Boy, was that stressful! Thank goodness, my mom was there with her advice or I couldn't have made it. She saved our bacon (pun intended :))