Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Ketch-Up Day

 

How are you? Keeping cool? It's averaging over a hundred degrees daily here. The poor plants and outdoor critters are panting. I keep a a bowl of water on the steps for any critter meandering by. 

Are you getting rain? Even when it's forecast here, it usually goes east or west of us. I guess I'm going to have to step up my rain dance;)


 AND

Since my interests are rather limited (heh), here's some more Eternal Garden pics:






I wanted a shot that included the crepe myrtle behind us. It's gorgeous.
 
 
Hark! What's that I hear? The pitter patter of rain drops and thunder boomers. Others must have been doing the rain dance too. 

Have a grand one, Blogger Buds. 
 
  

 

 

25 comments:

Donna said...

Not getting a drop! I'm going out this morning to water...ugggg...
Happy week, friend!
hugs
Donna

D.L. Finn said...

Rain dancing for you here. That's hot! Been hanging on to 80s here, at least for now. The critters appreciate that bowl of water xo

Sandra Cox said...

I hate hearing that, Donna. It's ghastly, isn't it?
hugs received and returned.

Sandra Cox said...

Yay. You must have been dancing last night, Denise. This heat is just cooking the plants. Keep dancing.Heh. xo

Lowcarb team member said...

My part of the UK is under another heatwave alert!!!
Could really do with some rain but my rain dance is working!!!

Lovely flower photographs.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Oops! That should be my rain dance is NOT working!

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

So sorry to hear that, Jan. Heat and lack of water are a hideous combination, aren't they? Here's to rain soon.

Christine said...

Lovely flowers they love rain

J.P. Alexander said...

Lindas flores. Te mando un beso.

DMS said...

I barely get any of the rain that is predicted- and I do love listening to rain, so I am always disappointed when I don't get the predicted rain. It has been raining the last two day- much needed after the scorching heat. Love seeing all the flowers. Just beautiful!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You have some nice flowers.
Sorry, the eastern half is seeing more rain. Had some today.

Adam said...

It's been painfully hot here in Greenville SC 🥵

Birgit said...

Beautiful flowers and love that blue one. I have to showcase my cards because you inspired me. Hopefully, you will receive more rain.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Last week it rained every day. Now it's dry as a bone. Your flowers are very colorful and pleasing to the eye.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Rain comes not at all or in fierce deluges accompanied by high winds, thunder, lightening, pestilence, plagues and peril! The neighbour’s tree came down last week, right across our driveway, but fortunately stopped just short of the car. Kudos to you for leaving a bowl of water for thirsty creatures. I am going to have a special medal struck honouring St. Francis of Assisi and you are going to be the first recipient, Sandra. I would send it to your president to drape it around your neck but he wouldn’t know how to work the clasp! The family dog would do a better job! Many northern hugs - there are none better - David



Sandra Cox said...

They do love rain, don't they, Christine?

Sandra Cox said...

Thank you, JP. Sending you a hug.

Sandra Cox said...

Same here. I am so much more appreciative of rain than I used to be. Now when it rains, it's like a happy fix. Glad you like the flowers.

Jeanie said...

We're due for rain tonight -- radar tells me 9 p.m. But we're nowhere as hot as you are and we have a nice breeze. Hope all stays well!

Sandra said...

Hi Jeanie, Enjoy the rain and the breeze:)

Sandra said...

Thanks, Alex. I'm glad some of NC is getting rain. We seem to be in a dry pocket.

Sandra said...

It's stunning how quickly the ground dries up, isn't it? My flowers thank you. Have a grand one.

Sandra Cox said...

I feel your pain, Adam.

Sandra Cox said...

Birgit, I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful cards.
Denise and I are both doing the rain dance so toes crossed more will be arriving:) Thanks, Birgit:)

Sandra Cox said...

Oh wow on that tree. So glad it missed the car and innit the truth about fierce deluges or none at all. Sigh.
Snort about the family dog:)
Northern hugs received. Southern hugs returned.