A Pet's Ten Commandments
1. I am likely to live for 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you is painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. Its crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me and don't lock me up for long. You have your work, family, friends and entertainment. I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand the words, I understand the voice speaking to me.
6.Be aware of however you treat me, I will never forget.
7.Before you strike me, be aware that I could hurt you and I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food. Or I've been in the sun too long or my heart is getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old.
10. On the ultimate journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.