Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cat Burglar





A leonine scream of challenge echoed through the pines, bounced off rock, and echoed in my ears. Fighting the pain coursing through my vibrating body, I forced my aching neck to turn.
The moon shown full on a beautiful puma, his lips drawn back, his tail lashing. He tilted his head and snarled. And the hits keep on a coming. Would I become beast fodder or puma silage?
At the moment, I wasn’t in any condition to fight off either.
For one brief moment, the cat looked directly at me. My breath caught in my throat. Those eyes were eerily reminiscent of the stranger in the restaurant. The man called Kylar. Then the puma turned his attention to the beast. His ears back, he roared another challenge.
The beast threw back his head and responded; his mouth open, he howled at the moon. The sound sent chills down my spine. A spine that felt like it was breaking and re-forming. MINDER

No comments: