Monday, October 29, 2012

D.I.V.O.R.C.E

Its nerve racking and traumatic.  I don't think there's a woman alive that's not been through it.

During the first few months of being together everything is perfect. Then as time goes by things change. There's a sloppiness that wasn't there before. The color's not quite right.  The cut that was so good one month that you could weep with joy is so bad the next month you do.  You stay even though its no longer good for you because you've developed a relationship and you'd feel guilty leaving.  Then something so heninous happens to your cut, color or perm that you can no longer ignore it and you decide to divorce.

I'm at that point. I'm divorcing my hairdresser. Or maybe she's divorcing me. She stood me up....again.  Only this time she didn't return my calls, like she usually does when she 'forgets' the appointment. I stood waiting outside the salon that was locked up tighter than a drum.  I swear people gave me pitying looks as they drove by.

Okay, I can take a hint.  This time its official, I'm  looking for someone new. Hmm, I wonder if I can find a hairdresser on match.com.





2 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Oh wow. I was a little scared for a sec there. I had to divorce mine - she had a weird schedule and it simply didn't work for me. Plus at times she'd get distracted and give me a lousy haircut. When she was on she was on.
But I couldn't deal with the inconsistency.

Sandra Cox said...

Yeah, I hear ya on thst one. How you be, Ms. Julia?