Friday, November 10, 2023

Your Weekend Read: THE BOATMAN

 

 


Blurb:

Three women. Three stories. One pub where it all begins.

For Quinn, Ella, and Rona, The Boatman is the perfect place for respite. It’s the oldest pub in town and has been offering solace and comfort to those in peril for centuries.

Quinn is hiding from her past when she meets the captivating Murray.

Ella is running from her nightmares and the tragedy they predict.

And Rona is on the cusp of a spine tingling new ability.

But there are strange murmurs in the night. A woman who fell to her death walks the banks of the river. A clairvoyant is drawn to the Boatman, eager to discover its secrets. And who is rowing the boat which glides silently in the shadows?

These suspenseful, traditionally-inspired ghost stories will chill the bones of fans of Susan Hill, J.T. Croft, and Wendy Webb.
 

This book was previously published as Our Beautiful Child.
 


Food facts: 3 stories, 3 main characters, one fact for each of them. But, as each of them are somewhere between 25 and 30, none of them are particular foodies.
  1. Quinn is a comfort eater. She loves the ease of scrambled eggs on toast, or when she's feeling especially lazy, a bowl of cereal for dinner. Followed by ice cream.
  2. Ella is having a bad fortnight. She'll take a few bites of whatever people put down in front of her, hardly noticing it. But often followed by ice cream.
  3. Rona lives in little more than a bedsit, with a table top fridge and a portable hob to cook on. So mostly she grabs a cheeseburger on her way to or from work in the pub. Followed by ice cream!


 

Bio: Annalisa Crawford lives in Cornwall, UK, with a good supply of moorland and beaches to keep her inspired. She lives with her husband, and canine writing partner, Artoo. Her two sons have flown the nest, but still like a mention.


 Buy Link: 
  https://books2read.com/TheBoatman 

AND


 

 

21 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations to Annalisa Crawford and her new book, The Boatman. I'm sure it will be a huge success.

Elephant's Child said...


Congratulations to Annalisa. Thank you (and drat you) to you both.

Truedessa said...

Congratulations - The Boatman sounds amazing. I am intrigued putting it on my xmas list to myself.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Annalisa - I loved Our Beautiful Child ... but great overview review from Sandra here ... there must be lots of ice-cream in Cornwall - I hope it's all served with Cornish cream as a special addition! Cheers and congratulations to you both - Hilary

Christine said...

Sounds interesting -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

Sending all good wishes for a successful run on your book!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Hi Sandra,

I finally made it to my computer! Thanks for featuring The Boatman today.

Annalisa Crawford said...

And thank you everyone for your comments.

Yes, Hilary, there's a lot of ice cream down this way, although it's not my favourite dessert - far too cold for me!

D.L. Finn said...

Congrats to Annalisa on her latest. Sounds like another good one!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Annalisa is one of my favorite writers. Her stories always surprise and entertain me!

Valerie-Jael said...

The book sounds great, I was born and grew up by the Thames and the Tower of London. Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

Sandra Cox said...

It really sounds intriguing, doesn't it, Elizabeth?
EC, Hehe:)
True, Yay!
Hils, Ice cream sounds good to me:)
Christine, It does, doesn't it?
Happy weekend all.

J.P. Alexander said...

Parece un libro interesante. Tomo nota. Buen fin de semana.

Donna said...

Sounds like a great read!
hugs
Donna

Sandra Cox said...

Jeannie, Thanks for Annalisa's good wishes.
Annalisa, You bet. I'm quite intrigued. I gotta get it read.
Denise, It does, doesn't it?
Elizabeth S., Thanks for sharing that. It's on my TBR.

Computer Tutor said...

The book sounds intriguing--great cover--but the "canine writing partner" seals the deal!

Lee said...

My Goodness, Sandra!! If your wishes are meant for me...thank you so very, very much. Wow! How did you know it was my birthday?

Thank you, dear lady. :)

R's Rue said...

Congratulations.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Sandra Cox said...

J. P. Glad it appeals. I think so too. Hugs,
Donna, It does indeed. Hugs received and returned.
Jacqui, It does intriguing, doesn't it? I gotta get it read.
Lee, Hope your day is the best ever. Happy BDay.
Your verse today was beautiful, Rue.

Sandra Cox said...

Val, It does indeed. So much history in your childhood surroundings.
Hugs

Annalisa Crawford said...

Hi everyone, thanks again for all the good wishes and support!

Jacqui - my writing partner can sometimes be more of a hindrance, especially when he decides it's time for his walk!

Sandra - thanks again for featuring me and my book. You're such a great advocate for indie writers.