Thursday, November 30, 2023

Ketch-up Day

 

 


I'm back....... 

If you celebrate, how was your Thanksgiving? We went to Philly via an eleven hour train ride to spend it with our daughter and SIL. The train we travel on is old, has bathroom issues and several cranky conductors. To be fair, there were a couple of nice ones. One was a model conductor, very helpful, so I shouldn't grumble too much.  I wanted to take pictures for Andrew, but that didn't work out. Anyhoo, we made it to Philly safe and sound.

The next morning we spent a little time at University of Pennsylvania then went back to the house where M and J prepared Thanksgiving dinner and the HH and I stretched out on the couch and watched the Christmas parade and movies.

This is the feeder my SIL made.

And this is a frequent visitor. Look how chunky he's getting.

This lovely little pond is located at Penn.

Can you see the sparrows? There's several in the leaves.

This little guy was a show stopper. He'd come right up to you and beg for food.


Back to the house and the cooks are hard at work.

Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie

Ah, dinner.

It was a lovely day and luscious dinner.

What about you blogger buds? Catch me up on what you've been doing.









18 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

It looks as if you had a wonderful (and delicious) time. I am v glad for you.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandra - sounds fun - despite the train trip ... still no driving, which I guess is a bonus. Dinner looks delicious ... yes I could see the sparrows ... while chubby chops might portend a challenging winter - he's stocking up ... lucky animals - cheers and welcome home - Hilary

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had such a great time. But 11 hours on a train, oh dear. What a long ride! I have done nothing as always! Hugs, Valerie

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Looks like quite the feast.
Squirrels are fattening up for the winter.

Jamie Ghione said...

Looks like a great feast. Hope you enjoyed it.
Oe of my fellow behavioral health clients, an older guy, asked me over to his apartment for Thanksgiving. He has no family around so I offered to join him. I helped make the stuffing.
I began decorating for Christmas the following day, since I was off then.

Sandra Cox said...

We did, EC. Went to Longwood Gardens. You would have loved it.
Hi Hils,It was delish. Aren't those sparrows cute? I think the squirrels have stocked up enough to make it through a couple of winters. Heh.
Alex, It was and they are:)
Jamie, I did indeed and so glad to hear you had a good one too.

Jeanie said...

Sandra, I'm glad you're back -- you were missed! It looks like a wonderful holiday and the photos are really fun and very interesting, too. Your dinner looks just fabulous! And I love the photo of the squirrel. We had family around Thanksgiving (on the blog, just a bit of it, along with the rest of the recent times.) It was nice. And exhausting!

D.L. Finn said...

Looks like the perfect trip except for cranky conductors and bathroom issues. I love the bird and squirrel feeder. You are right that is one well fed squirrel! Had a great one here with both daughters and family, still recoverying from all that fun! xo

Christine said...

Wonderful family time!

Birgit said...

That squirrel is chunky! Hahaa. It looks like you had a great time except for the rickety train. Sounds like our VIA Rail. I've just been working and working but did manage to make a couple of cards.

Andrew said...

That is a long train trip but I suppose it is a long car drive too. Really nice staff can make such a difference. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. The squirrels looks very prepared for winter.

Sandra Cox said...

Jeanie, Thank you. That makes my day. Glad you had good holidays. Dinner was fab. And I know whatever you fixed was too:)
Denise, So glad to hear you had a great one.
Christine, It was for sure:)
Birgit, Chunky sure describes him. Can't wait to see your cards.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

That looks so delicious! I haven't had dinner yet, so that is what I am obsessing about!

Sandra Cox said...

Elizabeth, Ha. I get it:)

J.P. Alexander said...

Rica comida me a legra que lo pasaran bien. Te deseo un buen fin de semana.

Sandra Cox said...

The food and company were great. Wishing you a good weekend to, J.P.
Val, Yeah it was a bit of a ride:) Doing nothing sounds good:)

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely family time.
I enjoyed your photographs and that Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie looks tasty.

All the best Jan

J.Q. Rose said...


What a fabulous Thanksgiving Day! Plus a trip to Longwood Gardens too! One of my favorite gardens. Looks like we should have visited the university too. . I interviewed the VP of the gardens for my Girls Succeed! book. What a sweet lady.