Friday, December 1, 2023

Your Weekend Read: RATTLESNAKE

 Awesome author C. Lee McKenzie has a new release.


Blurb:

The desert town of Rattlesnake isn’t a destination. It’s a last resort. Seventeen-year-old Jonah Guthrie’s aunt sold their home in New England and fled to this place to escape the humiliation of his dad’s indictment for embezzlement and subsequent disappearance. 


While their late uncle left them a house and a silver mine, the house is a shambles and the mine is defunct. They’re almost out of money, so they have no choice but to stay in Rattlesnake. And then Jonah discovers they’ve inherited something else. Her name is Catherine, and she’s been dead for over a hundred year. Now, she needs his help.

 




I’ll take pie over cake any day.
I never order pasta dishes when I go out to dinner.
I love picnics as much as candlelight dinners.
 
Buy Links:


17 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Lee will feature on my blog next week. I look forward to reading her latest.

Donna said...

Sounds like a good read!! Thanks!
hugs
Donna

Valerie-Jael said...

Congratulations and good luck! Hugs, Valerie

Sandra Cox said...

Yay you, EC. That's great.
Donna, It is an excellent read.
Val, Thanks for Lee's good wishes.

DUTA said...

The book sounds intriguing! Thanks for the short but comprehensive review.

cleemckenzie said...

Thanks so much, Sandra for hosting me here today! And many thanks for the wonderful comments from your readers.

Christine said...

Sounds good

Jeff said...

It's a good read! Pies and picnics, eh?

Lowcarb team member said...

Congratulations, Lee.

All the best Jan

cleemckenzie said...

This is the most tense time of the writing process, so I really appreciate the comments. They are helping me through these nail biting days.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Off to buy my copy!

J.P. Alexander said...

Suerte con el libro. Te mando un beso.

Sandra Cox said...

Duta, Intriguing sums it up:)
Christine, It is, for sure.
Jeff, It is for sure. Thanks for stopping by. I read your post. Wow.
Jan, Thanks for Lee's good wishes.
Elizabeth, Yay:)
J.P. Thanks for Lee's well wishes. Sending you a hug.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandra and Lee - I'm somewhat surprised to see that rattlesnake isn't on the menu?! Lee - the plot sounds fascinating ... I must find out about Catherine and what help she needs. I prefer pasta to pizza ... cheers to you both for now - Hilary

Sandra Cox said...

Hils, Definitely no rattlesnake for me and, as always, Lee's plot was fascinating.

Lee said...

I will stay away from Rattlesnake. I do my best to stay away from snakes of all kinds. :)

D.L. Finn said...

Sounds like a great read. Xo