Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Ketch-Up Tuesday

 

Did you celebrate Valentine's Day, and if so, how?

We had a good one. We went to Shelton Vineyard and had a delicious lunch.As we left we were given a rose and truffles and macaroons.   Oh my gosh, the macaroons where the best I've ever had. Usually, it's the sweet cream flavor that comes through but with these it was the coconut. I ordered flatbread pizza and soup. The HH got a burger and fries and the price was about what we spend on breakfast at our go-to breakfast establishment. Both reasonable and delicious.

ROSES, ROSES AND MORE ROSES

From my valentine:)

 

Also from my valentine;)

 

From Shelton Vineyard


And Shelton's Vineyard's Strawberry Rose Spritzer recipe


That's all, blogger buds.




16 comments:

D.L. Finn said...

Sounds like an amazing day for you! Low key here with roses and dinner.

D.L. Finn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew said...

We weren't speaking but we still exchanged cards.
Your day sounds lovely.
You know for no real reason, I've never had a macaroon. I really must make an effort and try one.

Birgit said...

Love that 3D card and all the wonderful treats you r3ceived from your spouse. This is so great to see.

Birgit said...

My email is still mystictrasse@yahoo.ca

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that was a nice Valentine's Day. We usually stay home as the restaurants are crazy that night.

Christine said...

You are loved!

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had such a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

I'd say you had a fabulous Valentine's Day! The time at the vineyard sounds fabulous -- especially with your "charming parting gifts!" That's super.

Sandra Cox said...

Denise, Sounds purrfect.
Andrew, Good on you two for still exchanging cards. If you like coconut, I think you'd really enjoy macaroons. Let me know if you try them and what you think.
Alex, I hear ya on that. Have you ever been to Shelton Vineyards? I think you and your wife would enjoy it.
Thanks, Birgit. Also thanks for the email addie.

Sandra Cox said...

Christine, Smiling;)
Thanks, Val. Hugs received and returned.
Jeanie, It was a fabulous day. I think you'd really like the vineyard.

Adam said...

I took my wife the next city over to their mall. Wasn't as nice as our mall, but they had certain stores we didn't and it was far less crowded. Got her some jewelry while we were there. We did our Valentines dinner before the holiday oliday just to avoid the crowds

Citu said...

Bellas rosas te mando un beso.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds like you had a super Valentines Day.

All the best Jan

Jacqui said...

You had a fun day! I still can't get your posts to come through, even on the Reader. Sigh. C'est la vie.

Sandra Cox said...

We did, Jan. Hope you did.
Jacqui, I did. That is so frustrating about the posts. There's a couple of bloggers that I can read their blog but not comment. Sorry, you are having problems with mine. If I can do anything on this end let me know.