Tuesday, May 2, 2023

It's Ketch-up Day

 

Happy May! How was your weekend and Monday?

We got to spend time with the grands, and their parents, this weekend and had breakfast with an old friend AND chatted with relatives so we had an excellent weekend.  Monday...got to do those chores that got ignored over the weekend. Oh yay:) What about you? How was your weekend? How is your week progressing?

The kids wanted to go to the Painted Peacock so we went and had all kinds of fun. If you aren't familiar with it, you pick out pottery that is offered for sale,  paint it and leave it to be fired. It's available for pickup four days later. I painted a mug in blue and yellow to support Ukraine.  It was actually lavender and yellow but I was assured it would be blue after it's fired:)


 From there it was on to the Sweet  Frog for a tasty treat.


Then home where the parents kindly sprang for pizza. Yay.

AND

Can you believe it's May?




AND 

It's BURRO AWARENESS MONTH.

AND

The HH gave me an early Mother's Day gift. I'm having problems getting good produce in the grocery stores so thought I'd give growing blackberries a shot. Anyone out there grow them?



AND

If interested, the Musing Geek has a post on how to add thumbs up or down buttons  to blogger posts.

 
Got blackberries? Been to Painted Peacock or Sweet Frog? Interested in adding thumbs up and down buttons to your blog posts?


12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Mmmmm blackberries. I hope you succeed in growing their deliciousness.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Sandra, I hope this month of May, will be a happy one for you too.

As for my weekend, there was one day that was quite rough, but then it got much better. And as for Monday, well, that was quite good also.

I am so glad your weekend was excellent; you deserve to have such an excellent weekend!

May is one of my favorite months!

And as for blackberries, I love eating them, they are delicious!

I will have my morning coffee later this morning. I enjoy drinking mine black with nothing added.

Have a great week, my friend!

CJ Kennedy said...

From growing berries, it might take a couple of years before your berries produce. Any berries that we tried to go were quickly eaten by the critters. We have wild raspberries, but I leave those for the birds. Himself is trying to grow blueberries this year, a gift from the Eldest. Good luck with the berry growing

Christine said...

Lovely time with grandkids! Happy May!

Computer Tutor said...

What a fun weekend you had! Your grands are darling.

Valerie-Jael said...

It sounds like you've been having a lot of family fun time. Blackberries grow here in the fields, I always pick some for jam, yummy! Hugs, Valerie

D.L. Finn said...

I love all your pictures, especially with the grands! Looks like a time full of good memories and so many happy smiles. Beautiful family. I agree produce is off the charts, I got some veggies going in the greenhouse, this weekend. Fingers crossed we get some good eats from them. We have a lot of wild blackberry bushes on property. We had to take out a lot by our septic system last year. The bears eat the berries before we can get any usually. Although last year the berries withered up from lack of rain. I have a feeling there will be an abundance this year. Usually we have to go to a walking trail nearby and pick them. Nothing quite like fresh blackberries. Yum! Xo

Birgit said...

I have not grown blackberries but they are delicious. I hope they do well but I bet they will. I'm glad you had a great weekend. My hubby created a Christmas gnome for me via painting the pottery. I'd love to try. As for me...I have been quite sick from Thursday over the weekend. I am better but feel quite shaky today but am at work. It's all in the sinuses...typical bad cold. I'm glad I'm on the mend.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, EC. Me too:)
Lon, Sorry your weekend got off to a rough start but glad to hear it got better:) Blackberries are luscious, aren't they? As is coffee. Hope you have a good week too, my friend.
CJ, The eldest came up with a wonderful gift for her dad, didn't she? Have you tried grapes? I think that may be my next project. The HH wanted to know if I was going into wine making. Heh.
Christine, It sure was. And a Happy May to you.
Thanks, Jacqui:) We, of course, think so.
Val, It was a 'grand' hehe weekend. You make your own jam? Yum.
Denise, You have a greenhouse? Oh my. Oh my. How wondrous. xo
Birgit, I am so sorry to hear you were sick. Glad you are on the mend.

Jeanie said...

That sounds like a great weekend and a fun activity to do with the kids. And well done with the blackberry bush. That's a terrific gift!

D. Wallace Peach said...

All those "Ands," Sandra. Looks like you've been having fun. Blackberries are invasive here, so I'll mention that they're easy to grow. They actually climb trees here and the vines get as thick as my wrist! They're monsters. I hope you have regular, well-behaved blackberries. Yum. :-D

J.P. Alexander said...

Pasaba a mandarte un beso.