Tuesday, May 16, 2023

It's Ketch-Up Day

 

Did the moms and caregivers out there have a wonderful weekend? I sure hope so.

The HH and I went to Shelton Vineyards for dinner. They had a special Mother's Day Selection.  It started with either a salad, soup, or another selection they had listed. Fried Tortellini, maybe? I chose the salad. The croutons were hands down the best I've ever had.

For the main course I went with the vegetarian option and the HH got Mai Mai. And yes I did end up bringing a box home, since my plate was overflowing;)


And.....I brought most of my dessert home too:) The HH had half of his cheesecake finished before I managed to snap a pic of it:)


And on our way out the door, the ladies were given a rose and a little box of macarons. 


This is a picture of the vineyards. There's a rose bush at the beginning of each row.  The roses are blooming and are so pretty.

AND

I saw this hydrangea at Home Depot. You can't really tell from my picture but the flower is huge. It's the biggest hydrangea that I've ever seen. It was probably three times larger than my hand and I don't have small hands.

AND

The Amaryllis is blooming.


  AND last but not least, if you have an opportunity check out this trailer. It is just amazing. It's about a wild fish and the unusual friend he made.

 
So what did you do this weekend? Ever seen a huge hydrangea? A friendly bass?





17 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful weekend. Leftovers are a bonus aren't they?

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandra - looks like a lovely meal you both had - so glad you enjoyed it and had the little extras. Love the idea of roses in and around the vineyard ... cheers Hilary

Donna said...

Lol...I'm a sucker for sweet stories like in the video! I love little Elvis!! He's found a human he likes...too cute.
Thanks for sharing it!
hugs
Donna

Natalie Aguirre said...

So glad you had a fun Mother's Day. I'm a vegetarian, and you meal looked yummy.

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like you had a delicious weekend. I hope you have a fabulous week, too.

Christine said...

A lovely Mother's Day meal!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nice place to go for a meal. And wow, your plate was overflowing!

Birgit said...

Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you had a lovely day and it seems you did. That’s a. Huge meal but it looks delicious and so does the dessert. It’s also very nice that you received the rose and macarons. That’s a nice restaurant. That video is amazing! That fish was just like a dog and when Elvis was chasing the other fish away, it reminded me of my Harley who is so jealous when we show affection to the pussy cats.

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sandra, my friend, I am so glad you had such a good time!

Jeanie said...

It sounds like you had a beautiful and delicious weekend! I do love that glorious hydrangea. I've seen some that look that big before and am always amazed! They are a favorite of mine.

D.L. Finn said...

It all looks do yummy, Sandra! I always love leftovers. Gorgeous flowers too! Xo

Truedessa said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful mother’s day. I am certain I would not be able to finish the food. I went to a festival in the park. A lot of food vendors, music and tulips everywhere.

J.P. Alexander said...

Espero que hayas pasad un buen dia de la madre . Te mando un beso.

Sandra Cox said...

EC, Thanks. I could exist on leftovers:) Though, that's a bit of an oxymoron isn't it:)
Hils, It was a lovely meal. The winery is very picturesque.
Donna, Isn't Elvis amazing?
Natalie, It was scrumptious. Yay you for being a vegetarian.
Thanks, CJ. Right back at ya.

Sandra Cox said...

Christine, It was indeed:)
Alex, Heh. It was for sure:)
Birgit, Elvis is doglike isn't he?
It is a very nice place and the meal was huge, which I love since I get several dinners out of it;)
Thanks, Rue:)
Anonymous (Lon?), Thank you:)

Sandra Cox said...

True, A festival in the park sounds lovely.
Thanks, J.P. Sending you a hug.