Thursday, December 3, 2015

Cats, Christmas and Romance

With us today is my good friend and romantic suspense writer extraordinaire Mae Clair to tell us about her new release. There just happens to be a cat in her story. I ask you, is she at the right blog or what? Lets find out what Food For Poe is about.



Cats, Christmas, and Romance by Mae Clair

It’s hard to believe that Christmas is looming just around the corner. I have no complaints though, because Christmas is my favorite holiday. Not only do I enjoy December 25th and Christmas Eve, but I love the entire month of December. It’s like one long holiday with all the merriment, festivities, and spirit of goodwill that leads up to that very special day. I’m a Christmas sap.

So it stands to reason I’d eventually get around to writing a Christmas story.

Those who know me also know there are two things (other than writing) I’m passionate about: folklore and cats. When it came time to dream up a Christmas story, I decided to weave both elements into the tale. The result is FOOD FOR POE, a short Christmas novella that is also a tale of sweet romance, twined with the paranormal, and even a wee smidgen of horror (just a smidge, I promise!).

Take a look:

BLURB:
When a blizzard strands Quinn Easterly at a handsome stranger's house on Christmas Eve, she doesn't realize her newly adopted cat, Poe, is the catalyst responsible for bringing them together.
Breck Lansing gave up on relationships after his wife, unable to cope with their daughter’s illness, left him. But the pretty blonde he rescues from a snowstorm has him rethinking his stance—especially when Quinn’s arrival coincides with a dramatic change in Sophie’s health.
Unfortunately, that change also attracts something only whispered about in folklore. Together, Quinn and Breck must defeat a sinister creature intent on claiming the ultimate payment.
Warning: A clever black cat, Christmas magic and paranormal trouble
~*~
I’m happy to announce that FOOD FOR POE has just released. YAY! In celebration of the holidays, you can grab a copy for $.99 at Amazon. If you don’t have a Kindle, you can download a FREE Kindle Reading App for your PC, MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android or tablet here. Cats and Christmas. What could be better? J
Merry Pre-Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Mae Clair Bio
Mae Clair opened a Pandora’s Box of characters when she was a child and never looked back.  Her father, an artist who tinkered with writing, encouraged her to create make-believe worlds by spinning tales of far-off places on summer nights beneath the stars.
Mae loves creating character-driven fiction in settings that vary from contemporary to mythical. Wherever her pen takes her, she flavors her stories with mystery and romance. Married to her high school sweetheart, she lives in Pennsylvania and is passionate about cryptozoology, old photographs, a good Maine lobster tail and cats.
Discover more about Mae on her website and blog at MaeClair.net
Sign up for Mae’s newsletter here
You can find Mae Clair at the following haunts:
Twitter (@MaeClair1)
Google+



29 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Christmas is a nice time of year, I love seeing the shop windows, and spend the holidays curled up in an armchair reading. I just downloaded the Novella from Mae, I enjoyed the other book of hers I read, and I love your books, too. My Kindle is always my faithful companion. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Congratulations to Mae Clair.
I am not really a Christmas fan - but love cats (particularly black ones) and folk tales. Can I be forgiven for not being into the festive season?

nashvillecats2 said...

Congrats to Mae Clair on this wonderful book, love the ttile also. Good luck.
Yvonne.

DEZMOND said...

that boy from the cover could sure use a comb :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Poe is a black magic kind of kitty then.
Big fan of Christmas as well!
Congratulations, Mae.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Valerie. I just love Christmas and even spending the winter days snug inside with a book. Like you, I am never without my Kindle :) Thank you so much for downloading Poe. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed one of my other novels and do hope you like this one, too. Thanks so much!

Mae Clair said...

Thanks so much, Yvonne. The title holds particular significance as the story progresses. A couple of reviewers told me they loved the way it tied into the plot :)

Mae Clair said...

There is nothing wrong with stepping back from all of the holiday hoopla. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. And hey, anyone who loves cats (especially black ones) and folklore is fine with me. The dedication for Poe is in memory of Onyx, my own beloved black feline who I lost in 2012 to cancer. If you do decide to take a chance on the book, I think you'll find there is plenty of cat-centric and folklore-centric prose to keep you satisfied :)

Mae Clair said...

Maybe some lucky lady's fingers would do the trick ;)

Mae Clair said...

Love your play on words. Thanks for the congrats and for checking out Poe :)

Mae Clair said...

Sandra, thanks so much for the lovely intro, for hosting me today and helping me spread the word about Poe. It is always so much fun to visit your blog! :)

Pat Hatt said...

Congrats, Mae. The holidays and a cat, win win indeed.

Sandra Cox said...

Awww, thanks Val:)

Sandra Cox said...

So sorry about your loss, Mae. I lost my white cat-friend to cancer.
Both EC and CJ have black cats too:)

Sandra Cox said...

You are welcome any time, my friend.

Sandra Cox said...

I'm with you, Pat;)

Birgit said...

I also love Christmas even though I feel like i just put my decorations away 3 months ago:) Love that the cat is named Poe and this book sounds enchanting

Mae Clair said...

It's so hard to lose them. They're part of the family.And I love meeting all these new "cat friends."

Mae Clair said...

That holds true in reverse, too! :)

Mae Clair said...

I like your way of thinking, Pat. Thanks!

Mae Clair said...

Hi, Birgit. It's amazing how quickly the year has flown by. I hatte putting my Christmas decorations away for the season, but I do love getting them out again each year :)

Thanks for your lovely comments about Poe!

Elephant's Child said...

They wind their paws deep into our heart strings and take a piece of us with them when they go.

sonia said...

How sweet! Christmas, cats, and love!

Romance Reader said...

Sounds awesome. Christmas and cats!

Stephanie Faris said...

I love Christmas books...nothing gets you in the spirit like reading a story set at Christmas!

Mae Clair said...

Hi, Sonia. I thought it made a good combination :)

Mae Clair said...

Thank you. I love both of those "C's" :)

Mae Clair said...

I completely agree, Stephanie, which I enjoyed writing Poe so much. If you decide to read it, I hope you find it to your liking!

DeniseinVA said...

A wonderful pos. Merry Christmas to you :)