Wednesday, January 23, 2013

ET:Seven Point Eight


BLURB:

Seven Point Eight:

'The Truth Will Set You Free'

In the second installment of the Seven Point Eight series, the legacy of the OOBE project weighs heavily on the conscience of Dr. Paul Eldridge. Tahra Mamoun needs to muster all her courage and venture back into the alternate dimensions of reality. Through a series of challenging, surreal and frightening experiences, she comes to comprehend the destructive power she can yield and must face her own demons in the process.

Paul continues his quest to understand the ancient knowledge of the cosmos, while dark forces seek to hijack his research to further a secret agenda. With their lives in jeopardy, Paul and Tahra confront their enemies against an international backdrop featuring the pyramids of Giza and the peaks of Switzerland.

Meanwhile, Sam and Ava endeavor to uncover their past, even though it may irrevocably change their lives.

In a tale of courage and tragedy, love and betrayal, their lives are interwoven around the demons of one man, Max Richardson, who'll stop at nothing to achieve his objectives.

Written in the style of a TV series, Seven Point Eight draws together quantum physics, psychic powers, alternate dimensions, time travel, past lives, ancient wisdom and conspiracy in a soap opera for the soul.

It’s the ideal read for lovers of sci-fi, contemporary fantasy, paranormal, metaphysics, ‘Lost’, ‘Fringe’, ‘Touch’, and Dan Brown books.

EXCERPT:
Seven Point Eight: The Second Chronicle
Excerpt 3

Through an archway to the left of me, a figure I barely recognized emerged. Her energy body was dark like old red wine and her limp hair hung around her sallow face, accentuating her black eyes, and the dark circles beneath them. She looked emaciated, and her energy body appeared scarred and somewhat distorted. I realized in horror who this sad creature may be.
 “Emilie?”
She didn’t respond to her name, and at that moment, I felt simply confused.
“This isn’t Emile,” I protested.
The torture master relished my shock and disbelief.
“Oh, but it is. I promised you Emilie, and Emile you have.”
I felt out of body tears well up in my eyes in frustration.
“You lied, this isn’t Emilie. You tricked me into returning, coming back here for nothing. You cheated!”
He laughed, and I hated him for his sense of superiority.
 “As I said, let’s hope there’s still something for you to save.”
She walked over to me, but not in friendship or as someone pleased to see me. Her red pupils locked onto mine, an unexpected deep hatred for me lurking behind her eyes.
“What have you done to her?” I asked the torture master.
He grinned again, and I wished I could knock the smile off his face as it made me feel nauseous.
“We have merely shown her the power that comes from pain. Pain cuts deep; it reaches our innermost fears and desires. You should hope that Emilie does not carry any grudges against you, what lies in the subconscious will now emerge, to be gloriously embraced.”
At this point, I began to worry.
The background noise in the arena quietened now, as if someone had rapidly turned down the volume control. I couldn’t back out, however disgusted I felt with the whole thing. While the torture master hadn’t been entirely truthful, I still had no choice, because there was a chance, the smallest chance that there was something worth saving.
A rumbling sound filled the air and as it reached a crescendo, I distinctly heard a drum roll. Looking around for the drummer, I eventually spotted a giant skull with the top cut off. Skin had been stretched over the space, and one of the thresher dwarves beat it with all four arms.
Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!
He struck it hard, and the vibrations reached into my extra-dimensional bones.
Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!
The audience banged their staffs on the ground, in time to the rhythm.
Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!
“Let the first rite begin,” the torture master said. “This is the essence of rivalry and competition. It is a battle to attain dominion with the utmost violence, and subjugate the opponent into a painful submission. The rite will teach you to give and receive the ecstasy of pain, so that you may taste its fruits for the first time.”
I didn’t want to fight Emilie, but to get her out of here I had no other option. Someone threw an array of weapons into the arena: spiked clubs, long spears, skewers, long and circular saw blades, leather gloves studded with razor blades, spiked knuckle dusters, and hooked knives. She almost salivated over the selection of implements, while I looked at them in horror.
“Fight!” came the call.


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Marie Harbon has worked in both the retail and fitness industry. She has a degree in sport and fitness, and taught group exercise for several years, delivering aerobics and Pilates. For two years, she delivered BTEC sport courses and has also instructed dance and sport with children.

Marie is a member of Nottingham Writers Studio, Her future plans include not only completing the 'Seven Point Eight' series, but involve writing YA, children's and adult books, short stories, novellas and scripts.

Aside from writing, Marie is a self-confessed fabric geek and purveyor of beautiful, often ostentatious bags, bustiers and clothing. She lives in the town of Eastwood, Nottinghamshire, which is in England.


Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/marie.harbon
Twitter - @marieharbon

Marie will be awarding a free copy of Seven Point Eight: The First Chronicle via Smashwords and a 12 ebook swagbag including, sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal and YA titles to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour.

The tour dates can be found here:



1 comment: