Tuesday, January 1, 2013
New Year's Resolutions From a Writer's Perspective
2. Don't procrastinate
3. Keep up with blogs
4. Keep up with blogging buddies
5. Keep in mind that not everyone likes my work and that's okay. It doesn't make me a bad writer.
6. As long as I move forward, I'm not moving backward
7. Always use spell check
8. Rejoin RWA
9. Rejoin my local chapter
10. Tighten, tighten, tighten
11. Always use a grabber opener
12. Don't let the middle sag
13. Keep suspense in every chapter
14. Even if I hate it...advertise, advertise, advertise
15. Make sure my stories have a destination and don't wander too far off the path
16. Make my characters become so real, they'll talk to me
17. Build a world the reader can tumble into effortlessly
18. Keep things in perspective
19. Watch out for over-used words and ly(s)
20. Make 2013 the best year ever
Here's hoping YOUR 2013 is wondrous.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Keep moving forward - you're either growing or dying.
Your resolutions are perfect.
That's right. Thanks for stopping by, L.
Whoa - you have quite a list! I'm simply going to try to release 2-3 books and call it a year.
2 or 3 books works for me:)
Thanks, CJ. Though, Ms. Julia summed it up rather well, sell a couple or 3 books. grin.
Post a Comment